RE: [dita-users] Re: Page numbers in contents page of generatedPDF

  • Briggs, John
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2006
      How do I apply the patches?

      Thanks,
      John

      From: dita-users@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dita-users@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of P�l Werdenhoff
      Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 3:42 AM
      To: dita-users@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [dita-users] Re: Page numbers in contents page of generatedPDF

      I've applied it myself and it works for me. Do you get any errors?

      Might be a silly question, but have you made sure that you are
      invoking dita2fo-shell_template.xsl and not dita2fo-shell.xsl?

      Kind regards
      P�l

      --- In dita-users@yahoogroups.com, "tomq42" <tomq@...> wrote:

      I've tried using the referenced patch, but can't seem to get it to work.

      The xsl code seems to have been restructured since the patch was

      designed, but I think I found the relevant place (maybe I didn't since

      it semd to have to effect).
      > I applied the patch (manually, as best I
      could) to
      > dita2fo-shell_template.xsl.
      > However I seems to get the
      same result.

      > Has anyone had any success with this patch on
      DITA-OT 1.2?

      <pal.werdenhoff@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > See this
      link:

      http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1409960&group_id=132728&atid=725074

      > > It includes a patch for including page numbers. However, this
      patch
      > > didn't find its way to the 1.2 release, so I don't know if
      this is the
      > > way to go.
      > >
      > > As for the
      bookmarks, in v1.2 bookmark support is implemented within
      > > the
      template named outline (dita2fo-shell.xsl) I don't believe the two

      are related.

      > > P�l
      > >
      > > --- In
      dita-users@yahoogroups.com, "tomq42" <tomq@> wrote:

      > > > If I build the demo book included with the DITA-OT
      distribution
      I get
      > > > no page numbers coming out in the
      contents section.
      > > > Is this expected?
      > > >
      > > > Interestingly if I build the same thing from the
      dita1.32
      distribution
      > > > from IBM, I do get page numbers in
      the contents section. However in
      > > > the IBM version I don't get
      the "bookmarks" view generated when
      I open
      > > > the file in
      Acrobat reader.
      > > > Maybe the two are related?
      > > >
      > > > Personally I'd prefer having the page numbers, because
      I'm
      generating
      > > > the PDF so it can be printed out, if there
      is a way I can get them
      > > > back, I'd be grateful for any
      help.

      > > > Cheers.

    • Pål Werdenhoff
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 28, 2006
        Hi John,

        Here is how you should proceed:

        - Navigate to this page
        http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1409960&group_id=132728&atid=725074

        - Find the download link (close to the bottom) and open the text file
        it leads to

        - The file shows what has been removed and added, indicated by minus
        and plus signs

        - Find out where your toc is generated in your xsl stylesheet. If you
        haven't changed anything from the distribution, the toc generation
        template should be found in dita2fo-shell.xsl.

        - Remove what must be removed from your own code and copy-paste what
        must be added. Do not copy-paste the whole text file, because it might
        be that only an exerpt is shown.

        Hope this helps

        Pål

        --- In dita-users@yahoogroups.com, "Briggs, John" <john.briggs@...> wrote:

        > How do I apply the patches?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > John
        >
        > ________________________________

        On Behalf Of Pål Werdenhoff
        > Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 3:42 AM
        > To: dita-users@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [dita-users] Re: Page numbers in contents page of generatedPDF
        >

        > I've applied it myself and it works for me. Do you get any errors?
        >
        > Might be a silly question, but have you made sure that you are
        > invoking dita2fo-shell_template.xsl and not dita2fo-shell.xsl?
        >
        > Kind regards
        > Pål
        >
        > --- In dita-users@yahoogroups.com, "tomq42" <tomq@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I've tried using the referenced patch, but can't seem to get it to
        work.
        > > The xsl code seems to have been restructured since the patch was
        > > designed, but I think I found the relevant place (maybe I didn't since
        > > it semd to have to effect).
        > > I applied the patch (manually, as best I could) to
        > > dita2fo-shell_template.xsl.
        > > However I seems to get the same result.
        > >
        > > Has anyone had any success with this patch on DITA-OT 1.2?
        > >
        > > --- In dita-users@yahoogroups.com, Pål Werdenhoff <pal.werdenhoff@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > See this link:

        http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1409960&group_id=132728&atid=725074

        > > > It includes a patch for including page numbers. However, this patch
        > > > didn't find its way to the 1.2 release, so I don't know if this
        is the
        > > > way to go.
        > > >
        > > > As for the bookmarks, in v1.2 bookmark support is implemented within
        > > > the template named outline (dita2fo-shell.xsl) I don't believe
        the two
        > > > are related.
        > > >
        > > > Pål

        > I get

        > distribution
        However in
        > I open

        > generating

        > Xml
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Xml&w1=Xml&w2=How+to+format+a+computer+hard+drive&w3=Dita&w4=How+to+format+a+computer&c=4&s=90&.sig=rKxkBU5ScMPkEPHYrV6GFw>
        How to format a computer hard drive
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=How+to+format+

        a+computer+hard+drive&w1=Xml&w2=How+to+format+a+computer+hard+drive&w3=Dita&w4=How+to+format+a+computer&c=4&s=90&.sig=ouvDNimQP6RB9NVToWPLCg>
        Dita
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Dita&w1=Xml&w2=How+to+format+a+computer+hard+drive&w3=Dita&w4=How+to
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=How+to+format+a+computer&w1=Xml&w2=How+to+format+a+computer+hard+drive&w3=Dita&w4=How+to+format+a+computer&c=4&s=90&.sig=isWfK4ikU4LVc8_98iRRWA>