trademarks not showing up when defined in keydefs

  • Tracy Baker
    Message 1 of 7 , May 18, 2010
      I have a series of product name keydefs defined in a map for just such a purpose (Elliot K’s best practice, thank you). I am calling the keydef map into a map for a deliverable. In the resulting PDF (XEP) and XHTML output, the product names are resolving, but the <tm> marks are not.

      Any ideas on why not? And any suggestions on how to get them to display (what to tweak, where to look, etc)?

      Authoring environment:
      OxygenXML 11.2

      Example keydef syntax:
      <map>
      <keydef keys="prodnameLTM">
              <topicmeta>
                  <keywords>
                  </keywords>
              </topicmeta>
          </keydef>
      </map>

      Keyref usage example:

      Output from this example:
      The BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager is an application delivery controller for traffic on local area networks.
      Thanks for the help; getting this to work would solve a huge challenge for my team.
      Tracy Baker

    • Jeremy H. Griffith
      Message 2 of 7 , May 18, 2010
        On Tue, 18 May 2010 16:31:05 -0700, Tracy Baker <t.baker@...>
        wrote:

        >I have a series of product name keydefs defined in a map
        >for just such a purpose (Elliot K's best practice, thank
        >you). I am calling the keydef map into a map for a
        >deliverable. In the resulting PDF (XEP) and XHTML output,
        >the product names are resolving, but the <tm> marks are not.
        >
        >Any ideas on why not? And any suggestions on how to get
        >them to display (what to tweak, where to look, etc)?
        >
        >Thanks for the help; getting this to work would solve a
        >huge challenge for my team.

        We checked your example in the new version of DITA2Go we're
        releasing this week (1.02), and it *did* work. So I'd say
        your DITA code is correct; no need to fix anything there.

        You might want to see if it helps to do the keydef as:

        <keydef keys="prodnameLTM">
        <topicmeta>
        </topicmeta>
        </keydef>

        The tm is valid in both keyword and linktext, but it's
        the *only* element valid in keyword, so if the included
        elements are being stripped from keyword, they might work
        in linktext.

        Otherwise, I'd say it's an OT bug.

        HTH!

        -- Jeremy H. Griffith <jeremy@...>
        DITA2Go site: http://www.dita2go.com/
      • Tracy Baker
        Message 3 of 7 , May 19, 2010

          Thanks for the reply Jeremy, and validating my syntax. Seems like I’ve uncovered an OT bug. (Do I laugh or do I cry??)

          I’d like to avoid adding an extra element just to get transforms to work as expected, if possible.

          Any OT people have a suggestion on where I might modify the toolkit “parts” to get this to work?

          >I have a series of product name keydefs defined in a map
          >for just such a purpose (Elliot K's best practice, thank
          >you). I am calling the keydef map into a map for a
          >deliverable. In the resulting PDF (XEP) and XHTML output,
          >the product names are resolving, but the <tm> marks are not.
          >
          >Any ideas on why not? And any suggestions on how to get
          >them to display (what to tweak, where to look, etc)?
          >
          >Thanks for the help; getting this to work would solve a
          >huge challenge for my team.

          We checked your example in the new version of DITA2Go we're
          releasing this week (1.02), and it *did* work. So I'd say
          your DITA code is correct; no need to fix anything there.

          You might want to see if it helps to do the keydef as:

          <keydef keys="prodnameLTM">
          <topicmeta>
          </topicmeta>
          </keydef>

          The tm is valid in both keyword and linktext, but it's
          the *only* element valid in keyword, so if the included
          elements are being stripped from keyword, they might work
          in linktext.

          Otherwise, I'd say it's an OT bug.

          HTH!

          -- Jeremy H. Griffith <jeremy@...>
          DITA2Go site: http://www.dita2go.com/

        • Robert D Anderson
          Message 4 of 7 , May 19, 2010
            Hi Tracy,

            > Any OT people have a suggestion on where I might modify the toolkit
            > “parts” to get this to work?

            I've opened up a bug report for this at SourceForge:
            https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3004220&group_id=132728&atid=725074

            We will look in to it and see what needs to change.

            Robert D Anderson
            IBM Authoring Tools Development
            Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit

          • Robert D Anderson
            Message 5 of 7 , May 20, 2010
              Hi Tracy - the fix for this is in the Java code, which is not quite as easy
              for you to fix. Our developer in China found a fix for it overnight but did
              not get a chance to check it in. If you're the type who likes to recompile
              OT Java code with the latest updates in our source code repository, you
              will be able to do so tomorrow; otherwise, the fix will ship in our next
              build in about two weeks.

              dita-users@yahoogroups.com wrote on 05/19/2010 02:22:18 PM:

              > RE: [dita-users] trademarks not showing up when defined in keydefs
              >
              > Hi Tracy,
              >
              > > Any OT people have a suggestion on where I might modify the toolkit
              > > “parts” to get this to work?
              >
              > I've opened up a bug report for this at SourceForge:
              > https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?
              > func=detail&aid=3004220&group_id=132728&atid=725074
              >
              > We will look in to it and see what needs to change.
              >
              > Robert D Anderson
              > IBM Authoring Tools Development
              > Chief Architect, DITA Open Toolkit
              >
              > dita-users@yahoogroups.com wrote on 05/19/2010 01:56:11 PM:
              >
              > > Tracy Baker <t.baker@...>
              > > Sent by: dita-users@yahoogroups.com
              > >
              > > 05/19/2010 01:56 PM
              > >
              > > Please respond to
              > > dita-users@yahoogroups.com

              > > "dita-users@yahoogroups.com" <dita-users@yahoogroups.com>
              > >
              > > cc
              > >
              > > Subject
              > >
              > > RE: [dita-users] trademarks not showing up when defined in keydefs
              > >

              > > Thanks for the reply Jeremy, and validating my syntax. Seems like
              > > I’ve uncovered an OT bug. (Do I laugh or do I cry??)
              > > I’d like to avoid adding an extra element just to get transforms to
              > > work as expected, if possible.
              > > Any OT people have a suggestion on where I might modify the toolkit
              > > “parts” to get this to work?

            • Tracy Baker
              Message 6 of 7 , May 20, 2010

                Great news about the pending fix, and thanks for the status update. I’ll wait for the build that contains the fix.

                Best regards,

                Tracy Baker

                <dita-users@yahoogroups.com>

                href="mailto:t.baker%40f5.com">t.baker@...>
                > > wrote:
                > >
                > > >I have a series of product name keydefs defined in a map
                > > >for just such a purpose (Elliot K's best practice, thank
                > > >you). I am calling the keydef map into a map for a
                > > >deliverable. In the resulting PDF (XEP) and XHTML output,
                > > >the product names are resolving, but the <tm> marks are
                not.

                > > >Any ideas on why not? And any suggestions on how to get
                > > >them to display (what to tweak, where to look, etc)?
                > > >
                > > >Thanks for the help; getting this to work would solve a
                > > >huge challenge for my team.
                > >
                > > We checked your example in the new version of DITA2Go we're
                > > releasing this week (1.02), and it *did* work. So I'd say
                > > your DITA code is correct; no need to fix anything there.
                > >
                > > You might want to see if it helps to do the keydef as:
                > >
                > > <keydef keys="prodnameLTM">
                > > <topicmeta>
                > > <tm tmtype="tm">Local Traffic
                Manager</tm></linktext>
                > > </topicmeta>
                > > </keydef>
                > >
                > > The tm is valid in both keyword and linktext, but it's
                > > the *only* element valid in keyword, so if the included
                > > elements are being stripped from keyword, they might work
                > > in linktext.
                > >
                > > Otherwise, I'd say it's an OT bug.
                > >
                > > HTH!
                > >
                > > -- Jeremy H. Griffith <jeremy@...>
                > > DITA2Go site: http://www.dita2go.com/
                > >

                > > [attachment "image001.jpg" deleted by Robert D Anderson/
                > > Rochester/IBM] [attachment "image002.jpg" deleted by Robert
                > > Anderson/Rochester/IBM]

              • Jeremy H. Griffith
                Message 7 of 7 , May 20, 2010
                  On Thu, 20 May 2010 10:49:29 -0700, Tracy Baker
                  <t.baker@...> wrote:

                  >Great news about the pending fix, and thanks for
                  >the status update. I’ll wait for the build that
                  >contains the fix.

                  Hi Tracy! I just noticed you're a Mif2Go user.
                  If you want, when you renew for that (which
                  expired March 1, BTW), you can tell us you want
                  to switch to DITA2Go, and you'll get it at no
                  charge. We think that's only fair for the
                  numerous people who bought Mif2Go to migrate
                  from Frame, and didn't need it thereafter.

                  The same goes for any other Mif2Go users here,
                  which is why I'm posting this on list. There
                  are a lot of you present. ;-)