Re: OT limitation - scope of map warning message

  • a
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1 4:11 AM
      I suspect there is a bug here somewhere. I was using a folder structure like:

      |build.xml
      | topics
      |doc.ditamap
      |folder1
      doc1.xml
      | images
      pic1.gif

      This was working fine until somewhere around 1.5M16. At this point the image links became broken. The problem is still in 1.5.1M3. The diagram below shows the output structure.

      out
      doc1.html
      topics
      images
      pic1.gif
      -------------------------------------
      In the output folder the doc1.html should be in topics folder or the images folder should be directly below the out folder. I was able to fix this by moving the ditamap up a level, as below.

      |build.xml
      |doc.ditamap
      | topics
      |folder1
      doc1.xml
      | images
      pic1.gif

      Which generates:
      out
      topics
      doc1.html
      images
      pic1.gif

      As I say I still think something is wrong here, maybe related to the basedir parameter.
      /Andy

      --- In dita-users@yahoogroups.com, "Darryl Tewes" <darryltewes@...> wrote:

      > It seems that there is a limitation with the OT in that it wants content
      > (maps and topics) referenced by a map to be in or below the directory in
      > which the referencing map resides. If they are not, the result is a warning
      > message, even though the paths are correct:
      >

      > [DOTJ036W][WARN] The file "C:\path_to_topic" referenced by
      > "C:\path_to_ditamap" is outside the scope of the input dita/map directory.
      > If you do not want to see the warning message, please use the Ant parameter
      > 'outer.control', and set the value as "quiet". Or, you can move the
      > referenced file ""C:\path_to_topic" into the the input dita/map directory.
      >

      > I don't care about the warning message so much, but when I process the map
      > for xhtml, I'm getting only the index page, and none of the topics, in the
      > output. In addition, the links in the index file don't point to the output
      > dir, they simply use the same href info as the map, which produces invalid
      > links, since the output is not at the same level as the map.
      >

      > Should I expect this error, or is this a symptom of a problem beyond what
      > the warning addresses?
      >

      > Will this limitation be removed in any future release?
      >

      > Additional background:
      >
      > I am using Oxygen XML Author 11.2
      >
      > I can produce a PDF of the same map with all topics included.
      >
      > I recently revised the dir structure for my maps so that I could create
      > separate top-level spaces for each using dita2wiki; if this is what broke
      > things, then I'll have to start over with that piece.

    • Darryl Tewes
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1 7:51 AM

        Thanks, Igor

        I’m not sure where to edit this parameter, when using Oxygen, but I’ll try to find out…

        My concern is that the conversation on this topic is about suppressing the warning message, not about changing the actual behavior of the OT. It seems strange to me that a condition that generates only a warning would result in a pdf transform that produces correct output and an xhtml transform that does not.

        I feel like there must be something else going on.

        Any additional insight out there?

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1 11:06 PM
          Hi Daryl,

          To set a parameter to the DITA OT transformation from Oxygen just edit the transformation scenario and in the "Parameters" tab either edit the parameter if already present (and "generate.outer" is already present).
          If the parameter is not present in the predefined list, you can add a parameter and set a value to it.

          Regards,
          Radu
          --
          Radu Coravu
          http://www.oxygenxml.com

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2 8:31 AM

            Thanks, Radu –

            My mistake for not looking first in the obvious places – that’s a nice feature in the tool!

            I still can’t figure out why the topics are not getting pulled into the right directory and all the links from the index page are bad – the pdf generates fine…