Conditional processing for specialized attributes failing

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2009
      Using attribute specialization with DITA 1.1 and DITA toolkit 1.4.2.1, I created three new conditional attributes:

      storage-systype
      storage-processor
      storage-connection

      These work great with our editors and our CMS. However, DITA toolkit 1.4.2.1 just ignores them during conditional include processing. It does not ignore the standard filtering attributes like "product" and "audience," which are processed correctly for include).

      Ditaval files are all correct (they work for the base attributes but not the specialized ones):

      <prop att="storage-systype" action="exclude" />
      <prop att="storage-systype" val="mamba" action="include" />

      Am I missing something where I need to add the new attributes to filter processing?

      Paul Masalsky
      EMC
    • babelgone
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2009
        Hi Paul.

        This has "just worked" for me with the same OT release.

        I've not tried using a prop element without a @val. Perhaps try providing @val with a meaningful value.

        > <prop att="storage-systype" action="exclude" />
        > <prop att="storage-systype" val="mamba" action="include" />

        Next, I'd check the ENT file for the specialization; make sure you have "props", as in this example:

        <!ENTITY storage-systype-props-d-att
        "a(props storage-systype)">

        If you have "base" instead of "props" it wont be considered a select-att.

        Then, I'd check a file in the "temp" directory to make sure the specialization is interpreted correctly. The topic should have the specialization as part of its @domains value; ex:

        <topic domains="(topic hi-d) (topic pr-d) a(props storage-systype)" ....>

        Then, on the element that contains the specialized attribute, you should simply see the name of the attribute with the specified value.

        If any of these dont check out, it's probably a problem with the specialization

        -seth park
      • Paul Masalsky
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2009
          Seth, thank you, kind sir. You were right on the money about the specialization being incorrect. The conditional processing was working for <concept> - a(props storage-systype et al) was appearing - but not for object types. For all those other dtds I had forgotten to update included-domains as shown:

          <!ENTITY included-domains
          "&ui-d-att; &hi-d-att; &pr-d-att; &sw-d-att;
          &ut-d-att; &indexing-d-att; &storage-systype-props-d-att;
          &storage-connection-props-d-att; &storage-processor-props-d-att;" >

          Once I did that, I was in business. Thank you for saving me a ton of time.

          Paul Masalsky - paulmasalsky@...
          EMC