Re: [dita-users] Re: How do you generate the images with FO >PDF

  • Paul Masalsky
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1 4:52 AM
      Couple of things to check first:

      • Post # 12331 in this group
      • Are the images appearing in the output directory for the PDF?
      Paul Masalsky - paulmasalsky@...
      EMC

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1 9:00 PM
        Hmmm,
        checked that out but I am not using Oxygen (though I should use some ;)
        I suppose it is a path issue like most dita problems. I realized that
        I have never tried to do graphics though I faintly remembered seeing
        it work in the garagae sample.
        Here is part of my log script magbe that will help:

        init-logger:

        use-init:

        check-arg:
        [echo]
        [echo] * basedir = C:\Users\ttowle1\workspace\DITAEclicpse
        [echo] * dita.dir = C:\Users\ttowle1\workspace\DITAEclicpse
        [echo] * input = Ditatrain/ditatrain.ditamap
        [echo] * transtype = pdf
        [echo] * tempdir = temp
        [echo] * outputdir = demo/tocjs/out/sample
        [echo] * extname = .xml
        [echo] * clean.temp = true
        [echo] * xslt.parser = XALAN
        [echo]

        I suppose I dont know where to set the output dir for images right.
        Could you give me a hint where this is done? thx again for the time.
        --- In dita-users@yahoogroups.com, Paul Masalsky <paulmasalsky@...> wrote:

        > Couple of things to check first:
        >

        > Post # 12331 in this group
        > Are the images appearing in the output directory for the PDF?
        >
        > Paul Masalsky - paulmasalsky@...
        > EMC

      • Paul Masalsky
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 2 9:00 AM
          Your images should be copied to demo/tocjs/out/sample upon output.
          If they are not there, then it's likely you have an issue with dost.jar.

          ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********
          [echo] * basedir = C:\Users\ttowle1\ workspace\ DITAEclicpse
          [echo] * dita.dir = C:\Users\ttowle1\ workspace\ DITAEclicpse
          [echo] * input = Ditatrain/ditatrain .ditamap
          [echo] * transtype = pdf
          [echo] * tempdir = temp
          [echo] * outputdir = demo/tocjs/out/ sample
          [echo] * extname = .xml
          [echo] * clean.temp = true
          [echo] * xslt.parser = XALAN
          [echo]
          ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********

          I suppose I dont know where to set the output dir for images right.
          Could you give me a hint where this is done? thx again for the time.
          --- In dita-users@yahoogro ups.com, Paul Masalsky <paulmasalsky@ ...> wrote:

          > Couple of things to check first:
          >

          > Post # 12331 in this group
          > Are the images appearing in the output directory for the PDF?
          >
          > Paul Masalsky - paulmasalsky@ ...
          > EMC

        • Shawn McKenzie
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 2 9:33 AM
            I thought at first glance you were building the tocjs pluin sample
            docs, as your output dir is set to:

            demo/tocjs/out/sample

            But I see your input ditamap is elsewhere. Are you looking at the
            correct output?

          • ttowle3
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 2 8:54 PM
              I altered your plugin a bit:
              <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
              <!--
              This file is part of the DITA Open Toolkit project hosted on
              Sourceforge.net. See the accompanying license.txt file for
              applicable licenses.

              (C) Copyright Shawn McKenzie, 2007. All Rights Reserved.
              *-->
              <project name="docondoc" default="all">
              <import file="..${file.separator}..${file.separator}conductor.xml"/>
              <property name="dita.extname" value=".xml"/>

              <target name="sample2html" depends="use-init">
              <antcall target="dita2xhtml">
              <param name="args.input"

              value="C:\Users\ttowle1\workspace\DITAEclicpse\Ditatrain\ditatrain.ditamap"/>
              <param name="output.dir" value="out${file.separator}sample"/>
              <param name="args.css"

              value="sample${file.separator}basefiles${file.separator}sample.css"/>
              <param name="args.copycss" value="yes"/>
              </antcall>

              <copy

              file="sample${file.separator}basefiles${file.separator}frameset.html"

              tofile="out${file.separator}sample${file.separator}frameset.html"/>
              <!--<antcall target="sample2tocjs"/>-->
              </target>

              <target name="sample2tocjs" description="Generate tocjs javascript
              file" depends="sample2html">
              <antcall target="dita2tocjs">
              <param name="transtype" value="tocjs"/>
              <param name="args.input"

              value="C:\Users\ttowle1\workspace\DITAEclicpse\Ditatrain\ditatrain.ditamap"/>
              <param name="output.file"

              value="out${file.separator}sample${file.separator}toctree.js"/>
              </antcall>
              <copy todir="out${file.separator}sample"><fileset

              dir="${dita.dir}${file.separator}demo${file.separator}tocjs${file.separator}basefiles"><include
              name="**/*"/></fileset></copy>
              </target>

              <target name="sampleclean" description="clean tocjs sample output">
              <delete
              dir="${dita.dir}${file.separator}demo${file.separator}tocjs${file.separator}out"/>
              </target>

              </project>
              but the issue is the PDF doesn't have any images in it like the html
              version. Why.
              I don't know what dost.jar is sounds like Java thingy.
              I dont think this is that hard just buggy. and I am not going to use
              the FO plugin - I will stick with the plain jane version.