Re: Announcement: DITA Open Platform

  • pruxie
    Message 1 of 34 , Jun 30, 2008
      Hi Claude,

      Just to let you know you've got another installed user here on Europa.
      I was having a problem with the preview pane in the DITA editor, but
      it now works properly when I start my Eclipse environment with JRE
      1.6.x rather than 1.5.x. Thought this might help anyone who runs into
      the same problem.

      -Tom Proulx
    • Claude Vedovini
      Message 34 of 34 , Jul 28 10:06 AM
        You're welcome,

        M2 is planned for next October, you can visit http://www.dita-op.org
        for more information or subscribe to the RSS feed.

        Regards,
        Claude

        --- In dita-users@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Hall" <achall@...> wrote:

        > Thanks so much for the instructions, Claude.
        > The validate-on-save on save issue I can live with. Is there a
        > tentative date for the next milestone?
        >
        > Thanks again,
        > Andy
        >

        > On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 10:33 AM, Claude Vedovini <claude@...> wrote:
        > > Hi Andy,
        > >
        > > For now you can add .xml as an extension for the "DITA Topic" content
        > > type.
        > >
        > > Go to the preferences and navigate to the "General > Content Types"
        > > page. Then find the "Text > XML > %DITAContentType.name >
        > > %TopicContentType.name" content type (yes there's a bug with the
        > > labels :) and there you can add ".xml" as a file association.
        > >
        > > Once saved you should be able to open your .xml files using the Topic
        > > Editor.
        > > Unfortunately, a bug prevents the files from being validated when
        > > saved. This will be solved in the next milestone and .xml binding will
        > > come by default.
        > >
        > > cheers,
        > > Claude
        > >
        > > --- In dita-users@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Hall" <achall@> wrote:
        > >>
        > >> Hi Claude, Daniel, and everyone,
        > >>
        > >> Did Daniel ever get a response to problem 2 (file suffixes)? Daniel,
        > >> did you sort it out?
        > >>
        > >> I have the same stituation. All our files topics are *.xml and I want
        > >> to get the same editing support that goes with the *.dita file.
        > >>
        > >> Thanks in advance,
        > >> Andy Hall

        DITA-OP to