Generating repeating table headers after page breaks

  • Todd
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2008
      Has anyone figured-out how to get table headers to repeat after a page
      break in PDF output? For tables that span more than one page, I want
      the table headers to continue at the top of the next page.

      Thanks, Todd
    • Severin Foreman
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2008

        I believe that the XSL-FO attribute you want is table-omit-header-at-break.

        Thus, you should be able to create an override where the table element might appear as:

        <fo:table table-omit-header-at-break="false">

        </fo:table>

        Although the XSL 1.0 specification says that the initial value should be false, I had to specify this value explicitly using my own transformations with RenderX 4.x.

        I hope this helps,

        Severin

        Message 3 of 3 , May 5, 2008
          If you are using RenderX, there is one attribute as "rx:table-omit-
          initial-header". If we don't specify this attribute, the default value
          is false. But If we want the table header to be repeated, then the
          value should be "true".
          i.e. rx:table-omit-initial-header="true"
          We also need to define the namespace for prefix "rx".

          Hope this works!
          Mandar