23224Re: [dita-users] Re: DITA-FMx with Japanese font [Critical]

  • Scott Prentice
    Jul 5, 2011
      Hi Shingo...

      I don't understand how changing the value of the convert colors option
      would affect the bookmark label. The bookmarks are created from the
      visible text in the paragraphs of the specified types. If both <ph>
      elements are visible when the PDF is created, you'll see both values in
      the bookmark. You'd need to apply filtering to hide one or the other so
      the right content is visible in both the bookmark, but also in the
      actual title.

      When building the book file, are you enabling the Apply Ditaval as
      Conditions option? Is the content of the PDF filtered properly?

      ...scott

      s.shingo wrote:

      > Hi,
      > I thought that this problem was solved...However I faced to new
      > mysterious behaviour associate with this.
      >
      > If I check [convert CMYK colors to RGB] when I generate PDF, Bookmark
      > label of pdf is collapsed.
      > -------
      > Then
      > - [convert CMYK colors to RGB] : UnChecked => Bookmark label is "AAABBB"
      > - [convert CMYK colors to RGB] : Checked => Bookmark label is "AAA"
      > -------
      > I need this type of topic title because I use transclusion technique
      > by conref tag.
      > -----
      > <ph id="prod">
      > <ph product="AAA">AAA</ph>
      > <ph product="BBB">BBB</ph>
      > </ph>
      > -----
      > Then conrefed in title of topic
      >
      > Yves said this is FrameMaker10 bug. I really really need someone to
      > fix (or show workabound plan of) this bug!!
      >
      > Help,
      > Thank you
      >
      > --- In dita-users@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:dita-users%40yahoogroups.com>, "s.shingo" <ssms090404@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi, Yves
      > > Thank you for you information.
      > >

      > > --- In dita-users@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:dita-users%40yahoogroups.com>, Yves Barbion <yves.barbion@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi s.shingo
      > > >
      > > > Important note here: Rajat's advice to convert CMYK colors to RGB
      > is just a
      > > > workaround for a bug in FrameMaker 10! It may work for your particular
      > > > problem (as long as you don't need to create PDFs with CMYK
      > colors), but
      > > > remember that *converting* colors from whatever color space to
      > whatever
      > > > color space is NEVER a good idea.
      > > >

      > > > Cheers
      > > >
      > > > --