Re: war guest in Calgary

  • E.Rodier
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 10, 2003
      Palmer, Margery Clarke 1889-1977 "Mother" footstone Palmer, Margery
      Clarke burial:31081977 M;02;058 1889-1977 Calgary - Burnsland 1993/ 1996

      Palmer, John Ernest 1882-1962 F.R.C.S. (C) Palmer, John E.
      burial:06061952 M;02;058 1882-1962 Calgary - Burnsland 1993/ 1996

      M. Palmer listed at a 9th Street SW apartment in the 1974 Calgary city
      directory might be the same person but not an Elbow Drive address.

      Glenbow Archives or Calgary Public Library Canadiana room have earlier
      directories. Microfilms of Albertan and Calgary Herald newspapers could be
      checked for obituaries.

      I can take a digital camera picture at Burnsland Cemetery or at an address
      on Elbow Drive if that is any help. Some of the homes on Elbow Drive have
      been modified and others replaced by different buildings. It is on my
      regular route to computer group meetings.
      Elizabeth

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 10, 2003
        In addition to the information offered by Elisabeth, Jessica may wish to
        search for John E. Palmer at http://www.glenbow.org/lasearch/photo.htm where
        there is a picture showing him and many others at a medical convention in
        1919.

        There are also photos of a John Ender Palmer (Jock or John E.) but if the
        search for John E. Palmer only produced the one photo above.

        Nothing in the Archives themselves about him - just the photo in the Photo
        Archives.

        Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564

        Palmer, Margery Clarke 1889-1977 "Mother" footstone Palmer, Margery
        Clarke burial:31081977 M;02;058 1889-1977 Calgary - Burnsland 1993/ 1996

        Palmer, John Ernest 1882-1962 F.R.C.S. (C) Palmer, John E.
        burial:06061952 M;02;058 1882-1962 Calgary - Burnsland 1993/ 1996

        M. Palmer listed at a 9th Street SW apartment in the 1974 Calgary city
        directory might be the same person but not an Elbow Drive address.

        Glenbow Archives or Calgary Public Library Canadiana room have earlier
        directories. Microfilms of Albertan and Calgary Herald newspapers could be
        checked for obituaries.

        I can take a digital camera picture at Burnsland Cemetery or at an address
        on Elbow Drive if that is any help. Some of the homes on Elbow Drive have
        been modified and others replaced by different buildings. It is on my
        regular route to computer group meetings.
        Elizabeth

      • Jo_an Utson
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 10, 2003
          From the 1952 City directory I see the Palmer house address was 636 Elbow
          Drive, which is on the corner of Garden Crescent.

          http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup

          http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        • E.Rodier
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 11, 2003
            Thanks. Found Dr. Palmer's gravestone and the house. Will check with the
            cemetery office for his date of burial 1952 on tombstone, 1962 on CD.
            Elizabeth