Re: More about a genealogy program for a pocket PC

  • E.Rodier
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 8, 2003
      Lorna or anyone with a Pocket PC,
      Please let me know if you get CE My Family to load, especially if you are
      using a recent computer with Windows XP. I read the manual as a PDF file and
      there are some unexpected limitations. Pocket Genealogist advanced version
      imports a Legacy Deluxe file directly (no pictures.)

      Set up a dual boot system with WinME and WinXP Pro this week. Maybe CE My
      Family would load easier with an older version of Windows. Downloaded files
      without extensions seem to be a problem lately.
      Elizabeth

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 8, 2003
        Hi All:

        The idea of a genealogy program for a PDA sounds great, but is there anything
        out there for those of us who use Macs? If so, is it (or them) compatible with
        Reunion?

        Pete Brewster

        "E.Rodier" wrote:

        > Lorna or anyone with a Pocket PC,
        > Please let me know if you get CE My Family to load, especially if you are
        > using a recent computer with Windows XP. I read the manual as a PDF file and
        > there are some unexpected limitations. Pocket Genealogist advanced version
        > imports a Legacy Deluxe file directly (no pictures.)
        >
        > Set up a dual boot system with WinME and WinXP Pro this week. Maybe CE My
        > Family would load easier with an older version of Windows. Downloaded files
        > without extensions seem to be a problem lately.
        > Elizabeth

      • owner dist gen
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 8, 2003
          I searched the Reunion list archives and there are several articles
          about it: http://216.153.176.145/RTFolder/FMPro . My memory is that it
          is not hugely successful, but read the messages yourself. I don't have
          one and am not considering buying one so have not really paid attention.

          Mary Arthur