RE: Perogies galore! AKA Ukrainian SIG activities

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 7, 2003
      Thanks Ethel and the many others who commented on evening. I could not have
      done it without the 6 wonderful women who worked so hard to pull this off:
      Mertie Beatty, Lorna Stewart, Marlene Roy, OJ Zawalsky, Gloria Moore and
      Sarah Stanford.

      Ronna Byam has come up with a new slogan for the AFHS: "Where it is cheaper
      to eat than to brag!"

      I am glad to say we came out pretty even in terms of costs. We will send
      some of the photos to be added to the Ukrainian SIG information on the web
      and/or to the Chinook, if wanted. Mertie took some pictures at the meeting
      last night as well so these can be added to the best of the collection to be
      posted and/or published.

      I think it was great to showcase our celebration to the rest of the society.
      Did any of you catch the news earlier in the day where they showed the
      festivities at some homes around the city and also interviewed the pastor at
      St. Vladimir's Church in Calgary about the Ukrainian Christmas celebrations?
      I think you probably learned more from participating for if you are like I
      was before I learned I was half-Ukrainian, you probably didn't pay much
      attention to news of these events.

      I only started exploring my Ukrainian roots about 15 years ago and in the
      past 9 I have celebrated a combined Ukrainian Christmas and my own birthday
      inviting my friends and family. Then last year I invited members of the
      Ukrainian SIG. However, this year was something I don't think I will ever be
      able to surpass! Thank you all for helping me have the biggest and best
      Christmas Eve and birthday celebration ever!

      Xenia Stanford (president@...)
      President, Stanford Solutions Inc.
      Editor-in-Chief, KnowMap: The Knowledge Management, Auditing and Mapping
      Magazine http://www.knowmap.com
      Full contact details
      http://www.knowmap.com/ssi/contact.html
      For courses and other Products see