Re: "Gangs of New York"

  • Phyllis Ziajka
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2003
      Hi Ellen - thanks for the warning - I'll heed it!!
      Phyllis

      Ellen Kinghorn wrote:
      Should anyone be contemplating whether to see the recently released "Gangs of New York", for its New York Irish historic content, this is fair warning ... to me it was a veritable bloodbath.  A lesson in butchering.

      I understand they took license with some facts, ( no surprise there) encapsulating some events into a ten year period or so (1846 and thereabouts).  But the violence was some of the worst I've ever seen onscreen.

      Better to READ about events, folks.

      Ellen Kinghorn
      Email: ellen@...
      WebPages: www.kinghorn.ca

    • Elizabeth R. Strang
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2003
        thanks for the warning, Ellen. Since my research is getting down
        to ew York now. A couple of Irish uncles and their families. was thinking
        of going but will give it a miss.
        Happy New ear. hope tp see you soemtime.