1901 Online service - Latest Update 6 August 2002

  • Rene
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2002
      Latest statement from the PRO - 6 August 2002: Update

      Internal testing of the enhancements to the 1901 Online Service by
      QinetiQ and the independent test programme conducted for the Public
      Record Office have been completed.

      We are now in the next stage of testing the online service, and the site
      is available for public use at the Family Records Centre, Islington and
      the Public Record Office at Kew. Staff will be monitoring the operation
      of the service at both sites and welcome
      feedback from those using it.

      For opening times, directions and other details about how to access the
      service at both the FRC and PRO, Kew please telephone 020 8392 5200 or
      visit the PRO website at http://www.pro.gov.uk/about/visit.htm.

      We cannot give any precise dates for the completion of this phase but we
      anticipate it will be late August. We will keep you informed of
      progress. Once the final results of these tests have been reviewed and
      evaluated it will be possible to decide whether
      the service is sufficiently robust for it to go live on the Internet.