Re: Sterling Money Order

  • John Doyle
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 19, 2002
      Hi Gordon,

      I have bought dozens of money orders in pounds sterling for English
      certificates at the TD Bank. I have 60+ banking so there is no charge for
      the service. If you have not reached this age, you might want to get
      someone who has to buy your money orders. The exchange rate is bad enough
      without paying the Post Office their $3.50, or whatever it is now.

      Judith Doyle
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 19, 2002
        I just go to the local CIBC Bank.

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 21, 2002
          Does anyone remember the name of the photo restoration fellow who exhibited
          at the Roots seminar? Or, could anyone recommend a good photo restorer?

          Judith Doyle

          > I have bought dozens of money orders in pounds sterling for English
          > certificates at the TD Bank. I have 60+ banking so there is no charge for
          > the service. If you have not reached this age, you might want to get
          > someone who has to buy your money orders. The exchange rate is bad enough
          > without paying the Post Office their $3.50, or whatever it is now.
          >
          > Judith Doyle

        • Gord Hulbert
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 21, 2002
            Hi Judith:

            This is the outfit that was at FR 2002.

            http://www.mctserv.com/antiquememories/

            > Does anyone remember the name of the photo restoration fellow who
            exhibited
            > at the Roots seminar? Or, could anyone recommend a good photo restorer?
            >
            > Judith Doyle

          • Larry McCool
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 21, 2002
              If I may-- This woman, Lori Matthews has won many awards for her work. She
              is part of my Ferguson group 8>)

              Larry

              Larry & Doreen McCool
              Calgary, AB Canada
              Our new address is
              mccoollh@...
              Our website is now at

              > > Does anyone remember the name of the photo restoration fellow who
              > exhibited
              > > at the Roots seminar? Or, could anyone recommend a good photo
              restorer?

              > > Judith Doyle

              http://www.afhs.ab.ca
            • Ursula Krol
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 21, 2002
                Hi Judith,
                My name is Ursula Krol (Digital Photo) and I did the Root Show. I was to
                late this year.
                My phone # is 238-1234. Unfortunately TELUS changed my Cadvision web page
                and I'm in the process of changing to a new web address soon. I have a full
                archival process with very high quality equipment and I am a provider of
                silver base negatives across North America.

                Merry Christmas
                Ursula Krol

                P.S. For all AFHS members I have always 15% off any copy and restorations
                work
                Ursula