Sterling Money Order

  • Gordon Lane
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 19, 2002
      Can anyone tell me how to get a sterling money order

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Treasurer
      Alberta Family Histories Society http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      Personal Web Site: http://www.rumbolt.com

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Williams, Ann
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 19, 2002
        I've found that sterling drafts bought at a post office is the cheapest way
        (unless you have special priviledges at a bank I suppose). These P.O.
        drafts have to be cashed at a P.O. in Britain but I've had no complaints
        from people in the U.K.

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 19, 2002
          At 10:58 AM 12/19/2002 Thursday -0500, you wrote:

          >Can anyone tell me how to get a sterling money order

          Go to the American Express office downtown. They can give you a money order
          in just about any currency in use.

          http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        • John Doyle
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 19, 2002
            Hi Gordon,

            I have bought dozens of money orders in pounds sterling for English
            certificates at the TD Bank. I have 60+ banking so there is no charge for
            the service. If you have not reached this age, you might want to get
            someone who has to buy your money orders. The exchange rate is bad enough
            without paying the Post Office their $3.50, or whatever it is now.

            Judith Doyle
            > Can anyone tell me how to get a sterling money order
            >
            > Regards
            >
            > Gordon Lane
            > Treasurer
            > Alberta Family Histories Society http://www.afhs.ab.ca
            > Personal Web Site: http://www.rumbolt.com

          • Donna Coulter
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 19, 2002
              I just go to the local CIBC Bank.

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 21, 2002
                Does anyone remember the name of the photo restoration fellow who exhibited
                at the Roots seminar? Or, could anyone recommend a good photo restorer?

                Judith Doyle

                > I have bought dozens of money orders in pounds sterling for English
                > certificates at the TD Bank. I have 60+ banking so there is no charge for
                > the service. If you have not reached this age, you might want to get
                > someone who has to buy your money orders. The exchange rate is bad enough
                > without paying the Post Office their $3.50, or whatever it is now.
                >
                > Judith Doyle

              • Gord Hulbert
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 21, 2002
                  Hi Judith:

                  This is the outfit that was at FR 2002.

                  http://www.mctserv.com/antiquememories/

                  > Does anyone remember the name of the photo restoration fellow who
                  exhibited
                  > at the Roots seminar? Or, could anyone recommend a good photo restorer?
                  >
                  > Judith Doyle

                • Larry McCool
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 21, 2002
                    If I may-- This woman, Lori Matthews has won many awards for her work. She
                    is part of my Ferguson group 8>)

                    Larry

                    Larry & Doreen McCool
                    Calgary, AB Canada
                    Our new address is
                    mccoollh@...
                    Our website is now at

                    > > Does anyone remember the name of the photo restoration fellow who
                    > exhibited
                    > > at the Roots seminar? Or, could anyone recommend a good photo
                    restorer?

                    > > Judith Doyle

                    http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                  • Ursula Krol
                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 21, 2002
                      Hi Judith,
                      My name is Ursula Krol (Digital Photo) and I did the Root Show. I was to
                      late this year.
                      My phone # is 238-1234. Unfortunately TELUS changed my Cadvision web page
                      and I'm in the process of changing to a new web address soon. I have a full
                      archival process with very high quality equipment and I am a provider of
                      silver base negatives across North America.

                      Merry Christmas
                      Ursula Krol

                      P.S. For all AFHS members I have always 15% off any copy and restorations
                      work
                      Ursula