PRO OSP 18 Consultation Document

  • Rene Dussome
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2002
      Hi Everyone:

      Just received via the UK 1901 Census list:

      "This document referred to the PROs threat to destroy duplicate copies
      of
      overseas BMDs. We have today received a message from Howard Davies to
      the
      effect that the PRO have listened to us and the records will be handed
      over to FFHS and SoGs as soon as they have discussed with those bodies
      the best way of storage. So, we won our case. And a big thank you to all
      those listers addressed by Howard Davies who took time out to email
      him."

      Now, if only StatsCan would listen to us and release the 1906 Western
      Canadian Census!

      Rene Dussome