Re: Computer SIG meeting "Safe Computing"

  • Mary Arthur
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 18, 2002
      Wow, watch out for a talking ad!

      As Charlie implied, it is a problem with Microsoft's poor programing
      that allows errors in the way HTML is read in the emails. people using
      other clients are at a much smaller risk (I hesitate to say no risk)

      On Wednesday, Dec 18, 2002, at 20:12 Canada/Mountain, Charlie Hansen
      wrote:

      > At our last meeting I talked about the risk of allowing your e-mail
      > client program to open mail containing HTML code in HTML mode in
      > preview or read. I mentioned that there had been an article in the
      > Globe and Mail newspaper about this. Following are links to this
      > article and another about flaws in MS IE and Outlook. You will have
      > to cut and paste these long URLs into your browser unless your e-mail
      > program supports multiline URLs.
      >
      > http://www.globetechnology.com/servlet/ArticleNews/einsider/RTGAM/2002
      > 1212/gtwarn//C,einsiderA/
      >
      > http://www.globetechnology.com/servlet/ArticleNews/einsider/RTGAM/2002
      > 1205/gtflaw/einsider/
      >
      > Regards,
      > Charlie Hansen

    • E.Rodier
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 18, 2002
        Received a suspicious e-mail telling me I was not using HTML shortly before
        Charlie's message. There was also a link to a web site. Sending and
        receiving messages in plain text for a long time.
        Elizabeth