Zone Alarm

  • Doug Hay
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 17, 2002
      At last Saturday's Comp SIG, Zone Alarm was discussed. I mentioned that
      if you have connection problems with Shaw, the first thing they tell you is
      to shut off Zone Alarm. I had done so.
      But after Saturday, I decided to try it again. No problem with IE, but
      Outlook Express will not connect. Fine as soon as I disable Zone Alarm
      again.

      Doug Hay
      Calgary, Alberta

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Richard Trostem
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 17, 2002
        It also works fine with Netscape.

        Doug Hay wrote:

        > At last Saturday's Comp SIG, Zone Alarm was discussed. I mentioned that
        > if you have connection problems with Shaw, the first thing they tell you is
        > to shut off Zone Alarm. I had done so.
        > But after Saturday, I decided to try it again. No problem with IE, but
        > Outlook Express will not connect. Fine as soon as I disable Zone Alarm
        > again.
        >
        > Doug Hay
        > Calgary, Alberta

      • Gord Hulbert
        Message 3 of 7 , May 5, 2003
          Hi all:

          Thanks for all your help.  Add 'pop.Telus.net' IP address to my OK list, and now it works.

          Regards,

          Gord Hulbert
          www.Hulbert.ca
        • Donna Coulter

              Message 6 of 7 , May 5, 2003
                Donna Coulter wrote:

                > Would be interested in hearing about Zone Alarm. I had it installed at
                > one time but it seemed to slow everything down. HOWEVER, nothing could
                > slow me down as much as battling those confounded Spam
                > thingamees.Donna

                Donna;

                I made a small error in my message about Mailwasher Pro - it does not
                download your messages. It opens your web browser for you to down load
                the messages that are available after it has dealt with the spam
                messages.

                Bob

                http://www.afhs.ab.ca
              • Joanne E. Bixby
                Message 7 of 7 , May 5, 2003
                  Hi Donna,

                  There is a free program that you can d/l called spampal and it works pretty good for spam.

                  I have installed it on a lot of computers and everyone seems to be quite happy with it. The one that I use is called I Hate Spam but unfortunately that one isn't free.

                  Hope this helps.

                  Warm regards,

                  Joanne