Happy Holiday thoughts

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 16, 2002
      To all those on this list - you are all unforgettable. Have a wonderful holiday season and see you at the Ukrainian Christmas Eve celebration.

      Any who are willing to join our cook-fest for this occasion, please let me know. We will likely do the cooking between January 2-4th during the day, which seems to be the best time for those who have volunteered so far. We plan to make enough so the volunteers can take some home.

      Then we will need some folks who are willing to reheat the food in the kitchen and serve it on the night. Any leftovers will be shared among the volunteers.

      Plan is for kutia (a traditional must-have dish of wheat and honey made by Mertie), borscht,  perogies, cabbage rolls and kolach. Of course, coffee, tea and juice as per usual. Servings will be small but delicious! Cost a mere dollar!

      Our cook-off will be for perogies and cabbage rolls and perhaps the borscht. Come and learn to cook the Ukrainian way or teach us your shortcuts.

      Xenia 295-3490

       Now enjoy the happy thoughts below:

      Happy Thoughts.......

      Today......I wish you a day of ordinary miracles.

      A fresh pot of coffee you didn't have to make yourself.

      An unexpected phone call from an old friend.

      Green stoplights on your way to work or shop.

      I wish you a day of little things to rejoice in.....

      The fastest line at the grocery store.

      A good sing along song on the radio.

      Your keys right where you look.

      I wish you a day of happiness and little bite size
      pieces of perfection that give you the funny feeling that
      someone above
      is smiling on you, holding you so gently because you are someone
      special and rare.

      I wish you a day of peace, happiness and joy.

      They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them but then an entire lifetime to
      forget them.

      Send this phrase to the people you'll never forget and remember to
      send it also to the person who sent it to you. It's a short message to
      let them know that you'll never forget them.

      If you don't send it to anyone, it means you're in too much of a hurry
      and that you've probably forgotten your friends.

      Take the time.

    • helen
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 17, 2002
        Hi Xenia,
        As you can see I am sending you back those great wishes. I am also telling you that I could help with the cooking on the 4th if that would be any use to you. I do not know how to make the items that you talk about but as I enjoy eating them I should find out how to make them as well.
        I'm away till the 1st so leave me a message at my new address, see above.
        Best wishes for a great Christmas and a wonderful New Year.
        Helen