Re: HISTORICAL TRIVIA

  • Mary Arthur
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 13, 2002
      I give . . . what is it?
      On Friday, Dec 13, 2002, at 10:19 Canada/Mountain, Douglas Stobbs wrote:

      > Hi:
      >
      > If anyone needs an Comeda Extractor to complete a set... or any other
      > reason, will be glad to negotiate.
      >
      > This is in excellent condition and was found in a cabinet when I moved
      > into this hystarical building.
      >
      > D.
      >
      > --
      > {Douglas Stobbs, 2420 2nd Ave NW #308, Calgary AB Canada, T2N 0H4.

    • Frank Morrow
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 13, 2002
        Hi Doug, you always were mysterious. What the H.......... is a Comeda Extractor?
        A very Merry Christmas 2U2, & all the best for 2003.
        Cheers.
        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • RM McLean
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 13, 2002
          Hi Mary: I think it is a blackhead (pimple) extractor as I read from
          magazines from the '50s when I was a pimply teenager. I never did buy
          one but was always intrigued.

          I do not want to carry my laptop to the UK in the spring. I use buses
          and trains and try to carry only one bag. But, I am thinking of getting
          a palm something or other. Do you have any comments on such a purchase?

          I put Reunion V8 on my computer and also downloaded the security and
          then OS10.1.5

          Then I found out there was no driver for my Epson C80! Aiiiiiiii !
          so, for now i will use OS9.2 rm

          Genealogy -- chasing your own tale!

          RoseMarie McLean
          Mathom House Box #954
          Kaslo BC Canada
          VOG 1MO

          RoseMarie McLean
          176 Lynnwood Drive S. E.
          Calgary AB Canada
          T2C OS9

          http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        • Lorna Laughton
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 15, 2002
            Hi RoseMarie:

            I have an Compaq Ipaq PDA 3850. I bought a software program called
            "Pocket Genealogist" which I use to show my genealogy program on the
            PDA. It works really well. I can look up people on my program for
            information when I am at the Family History Centre or any repository.

            This program is not the same as having your genealogy software program
            on a laptop. On the PDA, I don't input information. A few of the
            features of my genealogy software don't transfer to the PDA "Pocket
            Genealogist" - i.e. the "to do" list.

            I use Legacy Family Tree genealogy software. I knew that "Pocket
            Genealogist" had been set up to use Legacy database files directly (no
            GEDCOM), so I bought a PDA that would take "Pocket Genealogist".
            Apparently, the PALM pilot types of PDA's won't take "Pocket
            Genealogist". The Compaq Ipaq was expensive, but I wanted it for my
            genealogy. If you look at the "Pocket Genealogist" web site, it will
            tell you the other brands of PDAs that it works with. I believe that
            Elizabeth Rodier has it on her Jornada PDA. Maybe it works with some
            models of Palms now too. The program works with other software programs,
            but I think that it goes through a GEDCOM. So it may be possible to use
            it with Reunion.

            Pocket Genealogist loads on both my computer and the PDA. Whenever I
            want to update the PDA version of my Legacy database, I just do a
            synchronization step. The family tree is displayed slightly differently
            on the PDA screen, but the information is all there, including sources
            and notes. No more looking at the same microfilm again!

            I bought "Pocket Genealogist" through the Legacy Family Tree web site,
            but you can also go to the Northern Hills Software company who developed
            it.
            http://www.NorthernHillsSoftware.com
            http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/

            Lorna Laughton lornalaughton@...