RE: Help needed
- Hi again to Bob,I checked the BMD for Alberta (1870-1905). This does not show a Connie, a George or a Gladys. It does show the following:Alta Dunlap married George W. WalkerChildren of William John Dunlap and Eliz. Metcalf - Jennie Mable birth & death, David Henry, Robert HughHugh Dunlop married Elisabeth Ann GardnerMargaret Morrison Dunlop married Robert Herbert RossMay Alexandria Dunlop, born to Alexander Dunlop and Nellie Hurssell.If any of these look like they match, let me know and I will give specific dates. Otherwise it is possible, since not mentioned in this book nor in the 1901 census as far as I can tell, that they were not in Alberta until after 1905.
Xenia Stanford (president@...)
A.G.E. Ancestree Genealogical Enterprises
Column: "Nos Racines Francaise" http://globalgazette.net/
Local book and magazine sales: http://www.knowmap.com/age/
Celtic Stone Art: http://www/celticstoneart.com
Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564
-----Original Message-----Can anyone help Bob? I have the same ancestral name but not in Canada.
From: owner-dist-gen@... [mailto:owner-dist-gen@...]On Behalf Of RM McLean
Sent: December 9, 2002 12:01 PM
To: AFHS dist-gen
Subject: Re: Help needed
Can you help me? I am attempting to trace a branch of my family tree.
Here's the information I have:
1) Constance "Connie" May Gilbert married George Dunlop c. 1890 and their daughter Gladys M. L. Dunlop was born c. 1892
2) In 1935 I believe this family was living in Westlock AB - I have a newspaper clipping of a death that mentions "Floral tributes were received from... Mr. and Mrs. G. Dunlop."
3) A reliable family report says Gladys was married to a Dr. Mason and living in Westlock AB in 1940. Gladys' father George was there too but "very poorly." (He likely died soon after). I expect Connie was dead by then.
4) Another report says Gladys was living near Edmonton (Westlock?) and married to a doctor in 1954.
A reasonable place to start would be searching for a Doctor Mason living in Westlock from at least 1940 to 1954. His wife would have been Gladys Dunlop, and they may have had children.
Thank you for whatever help you can give me.
Bob Campbell, Kingston ON
Genealogy -- chasing your own tale!
Mathom House Box #954
Kaslo BC Canada
176 Lynnwood Drive S. E.
Calgary AB Canada