RE: Help needed

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 9, 2002

      In the 1901 Alberta Census, I find only this entry for Dunlop or Dunlap

      1901 Census Alberta District No. 202 ...
      Place                Pg.Ln.Last NameFirst NameRelationBornAgeCtry.
      Cowley     136DUNLOP                   Kate       ldgr187624ONT

      Since Alberta was not a province then it was divided into several districts. In the Assiniboia West there are the following Dunlop names - all located in Medicine Hat:

      Andrew
      John
      Kenneth
      Mary

      To see the entries go to http://www.archives.ca/02/02012202_e.html select Territories as a check box and enter Moose Jaw in the Geographic Location section, press Submit Search. Look for schedule 1 and scroll down to page
      p.12. You should see this family.

      There are no entries for Dunlop in the Unorganized Territories of Athabasca.

      To search the 1881 census for George Dunlop, you could try http://www.familysearch.org/

      There are none shown in Alberta but perhaps George was in another province at that time.

      Later I will check my BMD and some other sources to see if I have anything on hand for this name.

      à bientôt,

      Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 10, 2002
        Hi again to Bob,

        I checked the BMD for Alberta (1870-1905). This does not show a Connie, a George or a Gladys. It does show the following:

        Alta Dunlap married George W. Walker
        Children of William John Dunlap and Eliz. Metcalf - Jennie Mable birth & death, David Henry, Robert Hugh
        Hugh Dunlop married Elisabeth Ann Gardner
        Margaret Morrison Dunlop married Robert Herbert Ross
        May Alexandria Dunlop, born to Alexander Dunlop and Nellie Hurssell.

        If any of these look like they match, let me know and I will give specific dates. Otherwise it is possible, since not mentioned in this book nor in the 1901 census as far as I can tell, that they were not in Alberta until after 1905.