Irish Research

  • Maureen Love
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 9, 2002
      Hello:

      I am looking for a recommendation or suggestions regarding hiring a
      researcher for Ireland - does anyone have any first hand experience with a
      particular researcher that they would suggest hiring or advice on how to go
      about this? I contacted the Association of Professional Genealogists in
      Ireland and they have sent me the link for their member list (
      http://indigo.ie/~apgi/members.html ). Any first hand experience with these
      individuals?

      Of course, if any LOVE's out there already know the details of Joseph Love's
      (b. 1787 in Clones) siblings/parents, this would save me some Christmas
      money :)

      Thanks

      Maureen

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Judith Rempel
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 9, 2002
        Southern Alberta Pioneers & Their Descendants had a hand in this
        anniversary recipe book:

        http://www.ourroots.ca/e/toc.asp?id=1158

        --
        In Kinship,
        Judith Rempel, Webster

        and

        webster@...

        Canadian Genealogical Projects Register
        http://www.afhs.ab.ca/registry/

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • cjkriver
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 10, 2002
          Hello Maureen,
          A branch of my "tree" recently hired a researcher through
          UlsterAncestree. The researcher produced a professional report on all
          the work she did, and I feel that she was quite thorough. I am not sure
          that she travelled to the various locations that our family came from,
          and I think that may have been helpful. Her conclusions about the
          origins of our family were very helpful, however. We now have an idea
          about where we can look further if the opportunity arises. She probably
          spent 2-3 months doing this but did charge $800.00 Cdn. for her work.
          This was shared amongst the family, so it didn't hit one person too much.
          Regards
          Carolyn

          Maureen Love wrote:

          >Hello:
          >
          >I am looking for a recommendation or suggestions regarding hiring a
          >researcher for Ireland - does anyone have any first hand experience with a
          >particular researcher that they would suggest hiring or advice on how to go
          >about this? I contacted the Association of Professional Genealogists in
          >Ireland and they have sent me the link for their member list (
          >http://indigo.ie/~apgi/members.html ). Any first hand experience with these
          >individuals?
          >
          >Of course, if any LOVE's out there already know the details of Joseph Love's
          >(b. 1787 in Clones) siblings/parents, this would save me some Christmas
          >money :)
          >

          >Thanks
          >
          >Maureen
          >
          >http://www.afhs.ab.ca