Re: Where is Kingsland UK?

  • Connie Inkster
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 4, 2002
      Xenia,

      Have you checked this map site for the 2 addresses?
      http://www.streetmap.co.uk/
      I find this website is great for locating places in England.

      Another useful site is http://www.findachurch.co.uk/index.html

      124 Tottenham Rd., Kingsland is in London - it might be in the parish of
      Hackney or Islington.

      29 Canterbury Rd., London is in Kilburn. According to my map of London there
      is a St. Augustine Church several blocks away. If you do a Google search on
      this church, one of the pages gives you info but not the parish.
      http://www.cofe.anglican.org/infosheets/callsh.asp?dioname=C08691
      Another site http://www.bishopoffulham.co.uk/members.htm#sakilburn implys
      that it is in the parish of Fulham.

      Connie Inkster

      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 4, 2002
        I could not find the parish entry at the locator you sent. There are no
        entries for the family in the 1881 Canadian census so it is possible they
        moved to the UK for a few years. A son was born in Montreal in 1878 and a
        son in Ottawa in 1884 so this is a bit strange.

        However, I do know the son born in 1878 in Montreal, married in Montreal in
        1901 and had his family there between 1904 and 1918 but died in London in
        1925 (buried in Montreal) so I assume they kept family ties going with those
        on the other side of the pond as they say.

        Perhaps I should also look at the Canterbury death record in 1918 in case it
        is related but that is for a female Stanford listing a deceased Joseph as a
        spouse so I will try the 1898 first because that is the spouse Joseph.

        Could I actually be homing in on the next generation back?!