Presentation Chart

  • Phyllis Ziajka
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4, 2002
      Hi List:
      Can anyone offer me a suggestion for where I can purchase a nice chart
      for filling in (by hand) and having framed as a Christmas Present.
      Something with a Tree in the background and boxes for perhaps 4 or 5
      generations (first generation (at the top of the chart, being the
      individual the chart is being given to). I had hoped to get something
      from Xenia at the meeting on Monday, but she didn't have any. This is
      not for mailing away, but I would like to get it sometime soon, and
      certainly before December 23rd!!! I'd appreciate any suggestions as I'm
      drawing a blank at the moment.
      Thanks in advance,
      Phyllis

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • The Kashubas
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2002
        Phyllis,
        There is a book store run by or affiliated with the LDS. It is near
        Westbrook shopping centre, as I remember.

        I got a 12 and 15 generation pedigree chart there. They might have
        something close to what you want.

        Maybe Judy Lee would know the exact location and the name of it.
        Good luck
        Kathy

        http://members.shaw.ca/kashuba4
        > Can anyone offer me a suggestion for where I can purchase a nice chart
        > for filling in (by hand) and having framed as a Christmas Present.
        > Something with a Tree in the background and boxes for perhaps 4 or 5
        > generations (first generation (at the top of the chart, being the
        > individual the chart is being given to). I had hoped to get something
        > from Xenia at the meeting on Monday, but she didn't have any. This is
        > not for mailing away, but I would like to get it sometime soon, and
        > certainly before December 23rd!!! I'd appreciate any suggestions as I'm
        > drawing a blank at the moment.
        > Thanks in advance,
        > Phyllis

      • Judi Lee
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4, 2002
          It's called Beehive Bookstore and is in the little strip mall on the left
          side of 17th Ave SW just before you get to Sarcee Trail (travelling west).

          Address: 5308 17th Ave SW
          Phone: 249-8124

          I'd call ahead just to make sure they have what you want. They also have a
          website that has a selection of genealogy books but I didn't see any charts
          listed. Beehive Books is owned by the same fellow who owns the Cardston
          Book shop. I'm not sure how long it takes to ship to Calgary, but here's
          the url for the genealogy books that they have in case you're interested.
          http://www.soundsofzion.com/pages/htmlos/00159.7.2717667696447972986

          Judi

        • Judi Lee
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 4, 2002
            You can also order a whole bunch of charts and forms online from
            DeseretBook.com which is based in Salt Lake City. I would expect it would
            take at least couple of weeks for anything to get here from Utah, which is
            probably no good for a Christmas gift. But they do have a nice selection of
            charts.
            https://deseretbook.com/store/search?search=15+generation&where=store

            Judi

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 4, 2002
              Hi Phyllis,

              There is a nice one at the Cardston site mentioned by Judi Lee for $5.98

              http://www.soundsofzion.com/pages/htmlos/00159.46.4276475792747972986?

              a bientot,

              Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 8, 2002
                Thank you to all on the list who responded regarding a 5 generation
                Chart for Christmas Presentation. I was able to purchase one on
                Thursday (2 in fact) at the Beehive Bookstore (LDS affiliated store at
                the west end of 17th Avenue). Thanks for the tips. I also had an email
                back from Bev Rees at Ancestor Find. She could have supplied what I was
                looking for too, so I suggest if anyone else is looking they should try
                Bev; her prices seem to be more reasonable than the Beehive store too.
                Thanks again to all who answered.
                Phyllis
                PS - sorry for the delay in replying - I was called away for a few days.