The 85th Nova Scotia Highlanders

  • Gordon Lane
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2002
      Has muster roll for officers and regulars and lists regimental number,
      abreviation of where served, if the died, were wounded, awarded a medal
      etc.

      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~easternpassage/85roll.html

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Treasurer
      Alberta Family Histories Society http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      Personal Web Site: http://www.rumbolt.com

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • E.Rodier
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2002
        Thanks for posting. I have a picture of one of the men who was in the 85th
        and survived service at Vimy. Family information should be submitted by a
        close relative. A computerized memorial like that would be ideal for
        visitors to a museum.

        Visited Museum of the Regiments in Calgary for the first time yesterday and
        didn't know where to start! Eventually found a familiar name Col. Cunnington
        who was a neighbor when I was a child and knew that someone from my Calgary
        files was in the same regiment. Bought the book "Radar Reflections"
        published by Radar Associates (Bob McNarry & friends.)
        Elizabeth