Re: Handwriting

  • The Kashubas
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2002
      What does the name sorta, kinda  look like?  I have been through a number of documents from that time period in the U.S. and England.
      Kathy
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 30, 2002
        I could take a crack at it if you bring it on Monday night to the AFHS meeting. Another person who is good at this is Janice Cushman at FHC.

        à bientôt,

        Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564

            Does anyone know of someone who is particularly good at reading handwriting? I am trying to read a will written in 1888 and even though the writing is quite legible I can't make out one of the surnames in the will.
            Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

                    Margo Debert

      • The Deberts
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 30, 2002
          Hi Kathy;
              Thank you for answering me. The first letter looks like a small letter "b" then "idean", but it is a surname so it should have a capital letter. Also I can't find another letter in the will that looks like it including other small "b's". I also got a reply from Xenia Stanford, she will be at the Monday night meeting so she said she will take a look for me. Guess we'll get it figured out one way or another.
              Thanks again.
                  Margo