Re: Calgary Obits

  • Pat and Bill
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 8, 2002
      Hello List,
      If this is possible and someone is going there, may I kindly ask you to
      look up a Obit of my Gt. Grandmother. Rebecca JAMES age 64, wife of Thomas
      JAMES died in Calgary, Alberta Sept. 30. 1922 . I would love to have a copy
      of her obit if there should be one. Your help would truely be appreciated.
      Pat and Bill
      Wainwright, Alberta.
      pat0bill@...
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 9, 2002
        Robert Boynton & list

        I would like to thank every one for all the answers I received.

        I was asked by a lady in California but she did not have any dates, she
        thought it might have been in the last couple of years. I will see if she
        can narrow it down but she does not have a lot of information on this family

        Thanks again for your replies

        Bev

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 9, 2002
          Hello Pat and Bill
          If you haven't had someone volunteer to look this up for you already let me know as I will be going
          down to the library early next week and could look it up for you then.

          Carol Lylyk
          Calgary
          > If this is possible and someone is going there, may I kindly ask you to
          > look up a Obit of my Gt. Grandmother. Rebecca JAMES age 64, wife of Thomas
          > JAMES died in Calgary, Alberta Sept. 30. 1922 . I would love to have a copy
          > of her obit if there should be one. Your help would truely be appreciated.
          > Pat and Bill
          > Wainwright, Alberta.

          ---

        • Heather Jaremko
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 9, 2002
            Hello Pat & Bill,
            In regard to your query I can look up an obituary at the main library for
            you. There is a $5.00 fee for this service. You might also like to check
            Our Future, Our Past: The Alberta Heritage Digitization Project: U of C
            Newspaper. The have the paper for a lot of years on line up to about 1954.
            Their website address is: www.ourfutureourpast.ca
            If you decide to try the U of C online could you please let me know?
            Heather Jaremko (hjaremko@...)
            Queries volunteer (queries@...)
            Alberta Family Histories Society (www.afhs.ab.ca)

            > If this is possible and someone is going there, may I kindly ask you to
            > look up a Obit of my Gt. Grandmother. Rebecca JAMES age 64, wife of Thomas
            > JAMES died in Calgary, Alberta Sept. 30. 1922 . I would love to have a
            copy
            > of her obit if there should be one. Your help would truely be appreciated.
            > Pat and Bill
            > Wainwright, Alberta.
            > pat0bill@...

          • Pat and Bill
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 9, 2002
              Hello Heather,
              I have had an offer for to look this up for me. and I have tryed this site,
              but I can only find Nov 1 to Dec 30 1922. Were my date is Sept 30, 1922. I
              don't know if there is more there as I just took a quick look at this time.
              If this person can not do the look up for me. I will get back to you. I will
              also spend more time in the site, and see what else is there. Thank you so
              much for your help. and sharing this site with me.
              Pat and Bill
              pat0bill@...