Re: British Birth Certificates

  • Rene Dussome
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2002
      Judi:

      The most recent Birth Certificate that I received from England (October
      24, 2002) weighs 4g.

      Go to the Royal Mail website for prices:

      www.royalmail.com

      In the left hand column click Personal Mail
      In the 2nd column scroll down until you reach Mailing Abroad
      Click on Prices
      In the centre of the screen click on Airmail Prices

      It's a bit of a pain because each screen takes a while to load but you
      get there in the end.

      There is a table showing weights and prices and zones. We are in zone 1.

      The prices listed are:

      47p = 10g
      68p = 20g
      £1.12 = 40g
      £1.56 = 60g

      I have never ordered multiple copies of certificates and normally I
      don't advise people to do that. The reason is that if for some reason
      the Register Office is unable to supply one of the certificates
      requested then they will simply send your remittance back and tell you
      to send another remittance. They will not send the certificates they can
      supply because they have no means of refunding your money for the
      missing certificates

      However, in your case it would be a bit unwieldy to purchase 12 bank
      drafts or money orders so go ahead and obtain one bank draft or money
      order and see what happens.

      Good luck.

      Rene