Re: Irish SIG

  • owner@distgen.rumbolt.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Nov 26, 2002
      Dear Ethel,

      I hope you enjoy Hansel and Gretel but want to remind you that by
      replying to a dist gen message you have broadcast the information to
      many people. I hope that they are all honest but hundreds of people now
      know you will be out tomorrow night. Please remember this in future.

      On Tuesday, Nov 26, 2002, at 18:32 Canada/East-Saskatchewan, Ethel
      McDonald wrote:

      > Hi Lois,
      >
      > Sorry I won't be able to make the meeting tomorrow night - it's Opera
      > night.
      > See you at the Liffey Players.
      >
      > Ethel

    • Lois Sparling
      Message 2 of 24 , Jan 14, 2003
        The Irish SIG is off to the Liffey Theatre to see "Three Monologues By
        Jennifer Johnstone" on Thursday Jan. 30, 2003 at 8 PM at the Pumphouse
        Theatre. Tickets are $12 for adults and $8 for students and seniors.

        Lois Sparling
        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • Nancy Carson
        Message 3 of 24 , Jan 15, 2003
          Would you remind me where the Pumphouse Theatre is? It's been years since
          I've been. I think it in the downtown area somewhere, but can't quite
          recall. Thanks, Lois.

          Nancy

          > The Irish SIG is off to the Liffey Theatre to see "Three Monologues By
          > Jennifer Johnstone" on Thursday Jan. 30, 2003 at 8 PM at the Pumphouse
          > Theatre. Tickets are $12 for adults and $8 for students and seniors.
          >
          > Lois Sparling

        • Bill Boogaart
          Message 4 of 24 , Jan 15, 2003
            For those interested, Rockyview Adult Education is having a one evening 2.5
            hour course on Thursday, April 3 at the Crossfield Elementary School
            entitled Genealogy On the Internet. Course fee is $30.00. Instructor is
            Tiffany Ascione. More information at:
            http://www.rockyview.ab.ca/rvae/cross/parsers/specint.shtml

            http://www.afhs.ab.ca
          • Lois Sparling
            Message 5 of 24 , Jan 29, 2003
              The Irish SIG is meeting at the performance of the Liffey Players
              Thursday evening at the Pump House Theatre. The performance will be
              "Twinkletoes, Mustn't Forget High Noon and Christine: Three Monologues"
              by Johnston. It is about terrorism, fear, intolerance, injustice and
              prejudice in Ireland. Great fun topics. The show starts at 8 PM.
              Tickets are $12 at the door.

              The Celtic Folk Club is hosting a performance Saturday Feb. 1 at the
              Oakridge Community Centre at 8 PM. Tickets are $8. I'll be at the
              opera, myself, but those of us who attended last Nov. had a wonderful
              time and highly recommend them. Plenty of Scottish content as well as
              Irish.

              Lois Sparling
              http://www.afhs.ab.ca
            • Lois Sparling
              Message 6 of 24 , Apr 1, 2003
                I just sent out the minutes of the meeting of the Irish SIG. If you did
                not get it, this means that you are missing from my emailing list. I
                kind of lost the original list of Irish SIG emails so am re-doing it. I
                am sure there are more Irish SIGers out there whose email addresses I am
                still missing.

                Lois Sparling

                http://www.afhs.ab.ca
              • Keith Maitland
                Message 7 of 24 , Apr 2, 2003
                  Please add my name.

                  Keith Maitland

                  Lois Sparling wrote:

                  > I just sent out the minutes of the meeting of the Irish SIG. If you did
                  > not get it, this means that you are missing from my emailing list. I
                  > kind of lost the original list of Irish SIG emails so am re-doing it. I
                  > am sure there are more Irish SIGers out there whose email addresses I am
                  > still missing.
                  >
                  > Lois Sparling

                • John Currie
                  Message 8 of 24 , Apr 3, 2003
                    Lois Please include my name. I attended a meeting or two last year and wish
                    to get involved again.John Currie
                    > I just sent out the minutes of the meeting of the Irish SIG. If you did
                    > not get it, this means that you are missing from my emailing list. I
                    > kind of lost the original list of Irish SIG emails so am re-doing it. I
                    > am sure there are more Irish SIGers out there whose email addresses I am
                    > still missing.
                    >
                    > Lois Sparling

                  • Roberta Poole
                    Message 9 of 24 , Apr 3, 2003
                      Lois, please add my name to your list as must try to get to bottom of some
                      my Irish roots!
                      Roberta Poole

                      > I just sent out the minutes of the meeting of the Irish SIG. If you did
                      > not get it, this means that you are missing from my emailing list. I
                      > kind of lost the original list of Irish SIG emails so am re-doing it. I
                      > am sure there are more Irish SIGers out there whose email addresses I am
                      > still missing.
                      >
                      > Lois Sparling

                    • Elizabeth R. Strang
                      Message 10 of 24 , Apr 3, 2003
                        I woould like my address on the IRISH SIG list.
                        BETTE STRANG.
                        tHANKYOU.

                        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                      • D & B Nugent
                        Message 11 of 24 , Apr 10, 2003
                          Lois Sparling:

                          Would appreciate being included on your Irish email list. Thanks.

                          Dennis P. Nugent
                          403-728-3126

                            Message 13 of 24 , Apr 12, 2003
                              Hi Lois:

                              Please add me to the list.

                              Thanks,
                              Eileen McElroy

                              At 08:58 PM 10/04/2003 -0800, you wrote:
                              >Dear SIGers,
                              >
                              >I just sent out the Minutes of the Irish SIG meeting again. Anyone who
                              >wants to be on the Irish (soon to be Irish & Scots) SIG and who did not
                              >receive that email, contact me.
                              >
                              >Lois Sparling
                              >

                              >http://www.afhs.ab.ca

                              http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                            • Lois Sparling
                              Message 14 of 24 , Apr 21, 2003
                                The Irish SIG will meet at Southminster United Church on Wed. April 23,
                                2003 at 7 pm. Lorna Laughton will talk to us about Irish Quakers. Lois
                                Sparling (that's me) will talk about Irish Methodists and the Irish
                                Palatines. Bob Westbury will be giving a book report.

                                http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                              • Lois Sparling
                                Message 15 of 24 , May 27, 2003
                                  There will be no meeting of the Irish SIG tomorrow evening because of
                                  the library move.

                                  Lois Sparling