Re: Irish SIG

  • owner@distgen.rumbolt.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Nov 26, 2002
      Dear Ethel,

      I hope you enjoy Hansel and Gretel but want to remind you that by
      replying to a dist gen message you have broadcast the information to
      many people. I hope that they are all honest but hundreds of people now
      know you will be out tomorrow night. Please remember this in future.

      On Tuesday, Nov 26, 2002, at 18:32 Canada/East-Saskatchewan, Ethel
      McDonald wrote:

      > Hi Lois,
      >
      > Sorry I won't be able to make the meeting tomorrow night - it's Opera
      > night.
      > See you at the Liffey Players.
      >
      > Ethel

    • Ethel McDonald

        > The next meeting of the Irish SIG is Wed. Nov. 27 in the AFHS library
        > downstairs at Southminster United Church. The official topic is
        > resources onhand at the Calgary Family history Centre.
        >
        > There will be no meeting in December. In lieu of our regular January
        > meeting, we will be attending a performance of the Liffey Players
        > together on Wed. Jan. 29, 2003. The performance will be "An Evening of
        > Irish One Act Plays".
        >
        > Lois Sparling

      • Lois Sparling
        Message 3 of 24 , Jan 14, 2003
          The Irish SIG is off to the Liffey Theatre to see "Three Monologues By
          Jennifer Johnstone" on Thursday Jan. 30, 2003 at 8 PM at the Pumphouse
          Theatre. Tickets are $12 for adults and $8 for students and seniors.

          Lois Sparling
          http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        • Nancy Carson
          Message 4 of 24 , Jan 15, 2003
            Would you remind me where the Pumphouse Theatre is? It's been years since
            I've been. I think it in the downtown area somewhere, but can't quite
            recall. Thanks, Lois.

            Nancy

            > The Irish SIG is off to the Liffey Theatre to see "Three Monologues By
            > Jennifer Johnstone" on Thursday Jan. 30, 2003 at 8 PM at the Pumphouse
            > Theatre. Tickets are $12 for adults and $8 for students and seniors.
            >
            > Lois Sparling

          • Bill Boogaart
            Message 5 of 24 , Jan 15, 2003
              For those interested, Rockyview Adult Education is having a one evening 2.5
              hour course on Thursday, April 3 at the Crossfield Elementary School
              entitled Genealogy On the Internet. Course fee is $30.00. Instructor is
              Tiffany Ascione. More information at:
              http://www.rockyview.ab.ca/rvae/cross/parsers/specint.shtml

              http://www.afhs.ab.ca
            • Lois Sparling
              Message 6 of 24 , Jan 29, 2003
                The Irish SIG is meeting at the performance of the Liffey Players
                Thursday evening at the Pump House Theatre. The performance will be
                "Twinkletoes, Mustn't Forget High Noon and Christine: Three Monologues"
                by Johnston. It is about terrorism, fear, intolerance, injustice and
                prejudice in Ireland. Great fun topics. The show starts at 8 PM.
                Tickets are $12 at the door.

                The Celtic Folk Club is hosting a performance Saturday Feb. 1 at the
                Oakridge Community Centre at 8 PM. Tickets are $8. I'll be at the
                opera, myself, but those of us who attended last Nov. had a wonderful
                time and highly recommend them. Plenty of Scottish content as well as
                Irish.

                Lois Sparling
                http://www.afhs.ab.ca
              • Lois Sparling
                Message 7 of 24 , Apr 1 9:39 PM
                  I just sent out the minutes of the meeting of the Irish SIG. If you did
                  not get it, this means that you are missing from my emailing list. I
                  kind of lost the original list of Irish SIG emails so am re-doing it. I
                  am sure there are more Irish SIGers out there whose email addresses I am
                  still missing.

                  Lois Sparling

                  http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                • Keith Maitland
                  Message 8 of 24 , Apr 2 9:15 PM
                    Please add my name.

                    Keith Maitland

                    Lois Sparling wrote:

                    > I just sent out the minutes of the meeting of the Irish SIG. If you did
                    > not get it, this means that you are missing from my emailing list. I
                    > kind of lost the original list of Irish SIG emails so am re-doing it. I
                    > am sure there are more Irish SIGers out there whose email addresses I am
                    > still missing.
                    >
                    > Lois Sparling

                  • John Currie
                    Message 9 of 24 , Apr 3 8:02 AM
                      Lois Please include my name. I attended a meeting or two last year and wish
                      to get involved again.John Currie
                      > I just sent out the minutes of the meeting of the Irish SIG. If you did
                      > not get it, this means that you are missing from my emailing list. I
                      > kind of lost the original list of Irish SIG emails so am re-doing it. I
                      > am sure there are more Irish SIGers out there whose email addresses I am
                      > still missing.
                      >
                      > Lois Sparling

                    • Roberta Poole
                      Message 10 of 24 , Apr 3 9:40 AM
                        Lois, please add my name to your list as must try to get to bottom of some
                        my Irish roots!
                        Roberta Poole

                        > I just sent out the minutes of the meeting of the Irish SIG. If you did
                        > not get it, this means that you are missing from my emailing list. I
                        > kind of lost the original list of Irish SIG emails so am re-doing it. I
                        > am sure there are more Irish SIGers out there whose email addresses I am
                        > still missing.
                        >
                        > Lois Sparling

                      • Elizabeth R. Strang
                        Message 11 of 24 , Apr 3 7:20 PM
                          I woould like my address on the IRISH SIG list.
                          BETTE STRANG.
                          tHANKYOU.

                          http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                        • D & B Nugent
                          Message 12 of 24 , Apr 10 9:09 PM
                            Lois Sparling:

                            Would appreciate being included on your Irish email list. Thanks.

                            Dennis P. Nugent
                            403-728-3126

                              Message 14 of 24 , Apr 12 2:27 PM
                                Hi Lois:

                                Please add me to the list.

                                Thanks,
                                Eileen McElroy

                                At 08:58 PM 10/04/2003 -0800, you wrote:
                                >Dear SIGers,
                                >
                                >I just sent out the Minutes of the Irish SIG meeting again. Anyone who
                                >wants to be on the Irish (soon to be Irish & Scots) SIG and who did not
                                >receive that email, contact me.
                                >
                                >Lois Sparling
                                >

                                >http://www.afhs.ab.ca

                                http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                              • Lois Sparling
                                Message 15 of 24 , Apr 21 10:54 PM
                                  The Irish SIG will meet at Southminster United Church on Wed. April 23,
                                  2003 at 7 pm. Lorna Laughton will talk to us about Irish Quakers. Lois
                                  Sparling (that's me) will talk about Irish Methodists and the Irish
                                  Palatines. Bob Westbury will be giving a book report.

                                  http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                                • Lois Sparling
                                  Message 16 of 24 , May 27, 2003
                                    There will be no meeting of the Irish SIG tomorrow evening because of
                                    the library move.

                                    Lois Sparling