genealogy

  • Ines
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 24, 2002
      Hi Judii,
      I am in the process of updating our family tree, it's actually a book by
      now. I just ran accross an entry of a Anton Funk, born in Russia in 1826
      married to Katharina Rempel, born in Russia 1831. I know Rempel is probably
      a very common name but it never hurts to ask. That is all I know about
      those two. Sounds familiar? Their son, John Anton Funk, was born in Russia
      as well, died in California.
      Ines

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Heather Jaremko
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 15, 2009

        How Google Picasa Face Recognition Software Can Help Genealogists

        From Kathi Reid's Ancestor Search Blog at http://ancestorsearch. blogspot.com/2009/08/how- google-picasa-face- recognition.html:

        "Google Picasa Web Albums has face recognition software that can help name the unknown people who are in your old family photos.

        "This free software even recognizes the same person at different ages."

        The article goes on to describe how the author uploaded a group of pictures to Picasa and then wrote:

        "It was a very impressive moment when Picasa...

        Read the rest of the story ยป

        Thought this an interesting article through Eastman's online genealogy newsletter.

        Heather