Release of Post-1901 Canadian Censuses

  • Rene Dussome
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 15, 2002
      Hi Everyone:

      The following e-mail has just arrived from Gordon A. Watts.

      Everyone who is interested in gaining the release of post-1901 Canadian
      censuses will want to read this article.

      Rene Dussome

      I pass on for your information the following link to an excellent
      article by Randy Boswell in the Ottawa Citizen regarding efforts to
      regain access to 1906 Census records. Titled "Battle Rages over 1906
      Census" the article appears in the 15 November issue of the Ottawa
      Citizen.

      http://www.canada.com/search/story.aspx?id=2b4b04e3-d69d-4142-b487-6d2e0
      5352a8a

      If the link is wrapped on to two lines, be sure to copy and paste the
      full URL to your browser to access the article.

      Happy Hunting.

      Gordon A. Watts gordon_watts@...
      Co-Chair, Canada Census Committee
      Port Coquitlam, BC
      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • BW

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 15, 2002
          Brian:

          Did you include both lines of the URL when trying to access the website?

          Thanks for finding an alternative route to Randy Boswell's article.

          Rene