Re: Irish SIG

  • owner@distgen.rumbolt.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Nov 13, 2002
      See: http://www.calsnet.net/afhs

      It says the Irish Sig is the 27th.
      On Wednesday, Nov 13, 2002, at 21:48 Canada/East-Saskatchewan, Keith
      Maitland wrote:

      > I just noticed in the Breeze that the Irish SIG is listed for 7 pm,
      > Wed. Nov. 21.
      > I assume this should be Thurs. Nov. 21.  Can someone please confirm.
      >
      > Keith

    • Keith Maitland
      Message 2 of 24 , Nov 13, 2002
        I just noticed in the Breeze that the Irish SIG is listed for 7 pm, Wed. Nov. 21.
        I assume this should be Thurs. Nov. 21.  Can someone please confirm.

        Keith

      • Douglas Stobbs
        Message 3 of 24 , Nov 13, 2002
          Lois Sparling wrote:

          > That should be Wed. Nov. 20

          Hang on. The Legacy SIG has the Library booked for Wed, Nov 20th!

          Try Nov 27th.... as per the AFHS Website

          Doug.

          --
          {Douglas Stobbs, 2420 2nd Ave NW #308, Calgary AB Canada, T2N 0H4.

          http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        • Lois Sparling
          Message 4 of 24 , Nov 13, 2002
            That should be Wed. Nov. 20

            Lois Sparling

            Keith Maitland wrote:

            > I just noticed in the Breeze that the Irish SIG is listed for 7 pm,
            > Wed. Nov. 21.
            > I assume this should be Thurs. Nov. 21. Can someone please confirm.
            >
            > Keith

            http://www.afhs.ab.ca
          • Judith Rempel
            Message 5 of 24 , Nov 14, 2002
              Oh dear - I hope that I didn't introduce this error. The homepage was
              reading "Nov 21" - and now I've changed it to Nov 27.

              Douglas Stobbs wrote:

              > Lois Sparling wrote:
              >
              > > That should be Wed. Nov. 20
              > >

              > Hang on. The Legacy SIG has the Library booked for Wed, Nov 20th!
              >
              > Try Nov 27th.... as per the AFHS Website
              >
              > Doug.
              >
              > --
              > {Douglas Stobbs, 2420 2nd Ave NW #308, Calgary AB Canada, T2N 0H4.

              In Kinship,
              Judith Rempel, Webster
              rempel@...

              and

              webster@...

              Canadian Genealogical Projects Register
              http://www.afhs.ab.ca/registry/
              http://www.afhs.ab.ca
            • Phyllis Ziajka

                Message 7 of 24 , Nov 22, 2002
                  The next meeting of the Irish SIG is Wed. Nov. 27 in the AFHS library
                  downstairs at Southminster United Church. The official topic is
                  resources onhand at the Calgary Family history Centre.

                  There will be no meeting in December. In lieu of our regular January
                  meeting, we will be attending a performance of the Liffey Players
                  together on Wed. Jan. 29, 2003. The performance will be "An Evening of
                  Irish One Act Plays".

                  Lois Sparling
                  http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                • Frank Morrow
                  Message 8 of 24 , Nov 22, 2002
                    Hi Lois, I will not be attending the Nov meeting because we are scheduled to see a play at Lord Beaverbrook
                    School on that night. My Grand-daughter has the leading part, soooo, guess where we'll be.
                    'Tis the luck of the Irish!!
                    Cheers.

                    http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                  • owner@distgen.rumbolt.com
                    Message 9 of 24 , Nov 26, 2002
                      Dear Ethel,

                      I hope you enjoy Hansel and Gretel but want to remind you that by
                      replying to a dist gen message you have broadcast the information to
                      many people. I hope that they are all honest but hundreds of people now
                      know you will be out tomorrow night. Please remember this in future.

                      On Tuesday, Nov 26, 2002, at 18:32 Canada/East-Saskatchewan, Ethel
                      McDonald wrote:

                      > Hi Lois,
                      >
                      > Sorry I won't be able to make the meeting tomorrow night - it's Opera
                      > night.
                      > See you at the Liffey Players.
                      >
                      > Ethel

                    • Ethel McDonald

                        > The next meeting of the Irish SIG is Wed. Nov. 27 in the AFHS library
                        > downstairs at Southminster United Church. The official topic is
                        > resources onhand at the Calgary Family history Centre.
                        >
                        > There will be no meeting in December. In lieu of our regular January
                        > meeting, we will be attending a performance of the Liffey Players
                        > together on Wed. Jan. 29, 2003. The performance will be "An Evening of
                        > Irish One Act Plays".
                        >
                        > Lois Sparling

                      • Lois Sparling
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jan 14, 2003
                          The Irish SIG is off to the Liffey Theatre to see "Three Monologues By
                          Jennifer Johnstone" on Thursday Jan. 30, 2003 at 8 PM at the Pumphouse
                          Theatre. Tickets are $12 for adults and $8 for students and seniors.

                          Lois Sparling
                          http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                        • Nancy Carson
                          Message 12 of 24 , Jan 15, 2003
                            Would you remind me where the Pumphouse Theatre is? It's been years since
                            I've been. I think it in the downtown area somewhere, but can't quite
                            recall. Thanks, Lois.

                            Nancy

                            > The Irish SIG is off to the Liffey Theatre to see "Three Monologues By
                            > Jennifer Johnstone" on Thursday Jan. 30, 2003 at 8 PM at the Pumphouse
                            > Theatre. Tickets are $12 for adults and $8 for students and seniors.
                            >
                            > Lois Sparling

                          • Bill Boogaart
                            Message 13 of 24 , Jan 15, 2003
                              For those interested, Rockyview Adult Education is having a one evening 2.5
                              hour course on Thursday, April 3 at the Crossfield Elementary School
                              entitled Genealogy On the Internet. Course fee is $30.00. Instructor is
                              Tiffany Ascione. More information at:
                              http://www.rockyview.ab.ca/rvae/cross/parsers/specint.shtml

                              http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                            • Lois Sparling
                              Message 14 of 24 , Jan 29, 2003
                                The Irish SIG is meeting at the performance of the Liffey Players
                                Thursday evening at the Pump House Theatre. The performance will be
                                "Twinkletoes, Mustn't Forget High Noon and Christine: Three Monologues"
                                by Johnston. It is about terrorism, fear, intolerance, injustice and
                                prejudice in Ireland. Great fun topics. The show starts at 8 PM.
                                Tickets are $12 at the door.

                                The Celtic Folk Club is hosting a performance Saturday Feb. 1 at the
                                Oakridge Community Centre at 8 PM. Tickets are $8. I'll be at the
                                opera, myself, but those of us who attended last Nov. had a wonderful
                                time and highly recommend them. Plenty of Scottish content as well as
                                Irish.

                                Lois Sparling
                                http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                              • Lois Sparling
                                Message 15 of 24 , Apr 1, 2003
                                  I just sent out the minutes of the meeting of the Irish SIG. If you did
                                  not get it, this means that you are missing from my emailing list. I
                                  kind of lost the original list of Irish SIG emails so am re-doing it. I
                                  am sure there are more Irish SIGers out there whose email addresses I am
                                  still missing.

                                  Lois Sparling

                                  http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                                • Keith Maitland
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Apr 2, 2003
                                    Please add my name.

                                    Keith Maitland

                                    Lois Sparling wrote:

                                    > I just sent out the minutes of the meeting of the Irish SIG. If you did
                                    > not get it, this means that you are missing from my emailing list. I
                                    > kind of lost the original list of Irish SIG emails so am re-doing it. I
                                    > am sure there are more Irish SIGers out there whose email addresses I am
                                    > still missing.
                                    >
                                    > Lois Sparling

                                  • John Currie
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Apr 3, 2003
                                      Lois Please include my name. I attended a meeting or two last year and wish
                                      to get involved again.John Currie
                                      > I just sent out the minutes of the meeting of the Irish SIG. If you did
                                      > not get it, this means that you are missing from my emailing list. I
                                      > kind of lost the original list of Irish SIG emails so am re-doing it. I
                                      > am sure there are more Irish SIGers out there whose email addresses I am
                                      > still missing.
                                      >
                                      > Lois Sparling

                                    • Roberta Poole
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Apr 3, 2003
                                        Lois, please add my name to your list as must try to get to bottom of some
                                        my Irish roots!
                                        Roberta Poole

                                        > I just sent out the minutes of the meeting of the Irish SIG. If you did
                                        > not get it, this means that you are missing from my emailing list. I
                                        > kind of lost the original list of Irish SIG emails so am re-doing it. I
                                        > am sure there are more Irish SIGers out there whose email addresses I am
                                        > still missing.
                                        >
                                        > Lois Sparling

                                      • Elizabeth R. Strang
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Apr 3, 2003
                                          I woould like my address on the IRISH SIG list.
                                          BETTE STRANG.
                                          tHANKYOU.

                                          http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                                        • D & B Nugent
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Apr 10, 2003
                                            Lois Sparling:

                                            Would appreciate being included on your Irish email list. Thanks.

                                            Dennis P. Nugent
                                            403-728-3126

                                              Message 22 of 24 , Apr 12, 2003
                                                Hi Lois:

                                                Please add me to the list.

                                                Thanks,
                                                Eileen McElroy

                                                At 08:58 PM 10/04/2003 -0800, you wrote:
                                                >Dear SIGers,
                                                >
                                                >I just sent out the Minutes of the Irish SIG meeting again. Anyone who
                                                >wants to be on the Irish (soon to be Irish & Scots) SIG and who did not
                                                >receive that email, contact me.
                                                >
                                                >Lois Sparling
                                                >

                                                >http://www.afhs.ab.ca

                                                http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                                              • Lois Sparling
                                                Message 23 of 24 , Apr 21, 2003
                                                  The Irish SIG will meet at Southminster United Church on Wed. April 23,
                                                  2003 at 7 pm. Lorna Laughton will talk to us about Irish Quakers. Lois
                                                  Sparling (that's me) will talk about Irish Methodists and the Irish
                                                  Palatines. Bob Westbury will be giving a book report.

                                                  http://www.afhs.ab.ca
                                                • Lois Sparling
                                                  Message 24 of 24 , May 27, 2003
                                                    There will be no meeting of the Irish SIG tomorrow evening because of
                                                    the library move.

                                                    Lois Sparling