RE: Gadgets

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 11, 2002
      Hi Elizabeth,

      I was going to send my reply to Donna only but so glad I did not as it
      elicited this wonderful surprise answer from you.

      Is there any way to get a copy of the pictures and/or story? I am sure my
      grandneice would love it for the 2003 Heritage Days. My two grandnephews
      that invited me the previous two years to come in as an "artifact" to talk
      about what school was like in olden times have moved on to Middle School. So
      only their youngest sibling Olivia will be part of this event for the next
      year or two. I am pretty sure she will invite me as her brothers and their
      classes found me quite entertaining with my stories of the outhouse, the
      cloak room, the frozen ice in the water bucket and dressing up the
      neighbour's goat with tree branch antlers and red lipstick on his nose as
      Rudolph for our Christmas pageant.

      Last year they also had a woman from the Springbank Heritage Society but she
      did not bring any pictures of the school. Thus this will be a new treasure
      for them. I need new material for this upcoming year as it will be my fourth
      if invited. Soon I should graduate - don't you think? :-)

      P.S. The book (called Faces of the Past) that I am holding in the picture in
      the Calgary Herald shows a photo of the school and the teacher in Brouse, BC
      where my father first attended school. My sister dug through the family
      photos in the old trunk once stored under my grandmother's bed in which she
      found a photo of the same school and same teacher with the group of children
      one of which is my father.

      à bientôt,

      Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564

      From: "Xenia Stanford"
      > I think these old gadgets are wonderful. Springbank Elementary School has
      an
      > annual Heritage Day to which I have been invited the last three years.
      They
      > bring in many old gadgets to display to the students and the visitors.
      Some