Re: England Civil Registration,

  • Judi Lee
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2002
      Ellen,
      We are currently working on formulating an acquisitions policy for
      the Family History Centre and appreciate your interest in getting
      the Ontario Civil Registrations into the centre as part of our
      permanent collection. Before we make any definite decisions
      though, we have to evaluate how much space we have for new
      collections, the cost to the FHC of bringing in these collections
      and what collections would be of most benefit to our patrons.
      There are several collections that we are considering (including
      the Ontario Registrations and we are open to other ideas as well.
      I expect that we will have a firm policy in place some time in the
      next couple of months.
      Judi Lee

      Calgary Centre
      >> and stay here, than to send $32 U.S. to Salt Lake City to have
      8
      >> certificates Xeroxed.
      >>
      >> I realize other alternatives exist. I can drive to the
      Edmonton (220 miles)
      >> or Lethbridge (120 miles)Family History Centres several times
      a year.
      >> Edmonton has films of the actual certificates for most years.
      It is only

      <plylyk@...>
      >> Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 11:40 AM
      >> Subject: RE: England Civil Registration
      >>
      >> > It is true that the cost of photocopies from Salt Lake has
      gone up to
      >> $2.00
      >> early 1980s. The cost will now
      >> > be US $2.00 per copy from census records, microfilms, and
      books (where
      >> page
      >> > numbers are provided). There is a US $4.00 minimum charge
      per request.
      >> The
      >> > charge for a copy of an IGI source will remain at US $2.00.
      Postage

      gen@...]On
      >> > Behalf Of Carol Lylyk
      >> > Sent: August 6, 2002 9:12 AM
      >> > To: Peter van Schaik; dist-gen@...
      >> > Subject: Re: England Civil Registration
      >> >

      >> > Hello,
      >> > I received a batch of photocopies from Salt Lake City a week
      ago which I
      >> had
      >> > requested on form
      >> > #31768 and there was no mention of the cost going up but
      there is another
      >> > form that you can order
      >> > copies of entries on the IGI that they charge 2.00 for. Also
      on that form
      >> > (#31831) there was a
      >> > space where you could order copies of microfiche for .25
      cents. Maybe
      >> that
      >> > is what they have
      >> > changed. I sure hope so because I still have lots of copies
      I would like
      >> > order.
      >> >
      >> > Carol Lylyk
      >> > Calgary, Alberta