Re: Gadgets

  • E.Rodier
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 10, 2002
      Did you ever hear the story about 4 little piglets that attended a
      Springbank wedding in April 12, 1921? Two of them are in a snapshot but they
      didn't make the wedding picture and it isn't very clear. I have a Springbank
      school teacher's snapshot album for 1920-21. Didn't do a very good job of
      remembering her stories about Maggie, Loppy, Floppy and Bridget. There is a
      good picture of the school. Snapshots of some students are marked with
      names.
      Elizabeth

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 11, 2002
        Hi Elizabeth,

        I was going to send my reply to Donna only but so glad I did not as it
        elicited this wonderful surprise answer from you.

        Is there any way to get a copy of the pictures and/or story? I am sure my
        grandneice would love it for the 2003 Heritage Days. My two grandnephews
        that invited me the previous two years to come in as an "artifact" to talk
        about what school was like in olden times have moved on to Middle School. So
        only their youngest sibling Olivia will be part of this event for the next
        year or two. I am pretty sure she will invite me as her brothers and their
        classes found me quite entertaining with my stories of the outhouse, the
        cloak room, the frozen ice in the water bucket and dressing up the
        neighbour's goat with tree branch antlers and red lipstick on his nose as
        Rudolph for our Christmas pageant.

        Last year they also had a woman from the Springbank Heritage Society but she
        did not bring any pictures of the school. Thus this will be a new treasure
        for them. I need new material for this upcoming year as it will be my fourth
        if invited. Soon I should graduate - don't you think? :-)

        P.S. The book (called Faces of the Past) that I am holding in the picture in
        the Calgary Herald shows a photo of the school and the teacher in Brouse, BC
        where my father first attended school. My sister dug through the family
        photos in the old trunk once stored under my grandmother's bed in which she
        found a photo of the same school and same teacher with the group of children
        one of which is my father.

        à bientôt,

        Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564