RE: From the Computer SIG meeting

  • Gordon Lane
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 9 9:43 PM
      Hi Larry and Bill,

      This was a company at the Computer Trade Show a couple of weeks ago and
      do have some large clients. I used them for a full test on my computer,
      took about 38 minutes and they didn't do any damage. They alos reported
      that they could not break in as I have a router between my computer and
      the Internet

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Treasurer
      Alberta Family Histories Society http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      Personal Web Site: http://www.rumbolt.com

    • Bill Boogaart
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 10 8:17 AM
        At 08:50 PM 11/9/2002 -0700, you wrote:
        >I made mention of a company that tests your security via the Web
        >
        >Here's the link
        >
        >www.securitymetrics.com

        Here is a secure site that does similar tests:
        https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 This one is from Gibson Research, a very
        respectable software developer.

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • Larry McCool