[Fwd: project registry]

  • Judith Rempel
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 9, 2002
      Thought I'd pass along this info to the whole group. It's another way,
      certainly to tackle some of the post 1901 gap in easy access to
      information.

      --
      In Kinship,
      Judith Rempel, Webster

      and

      afhs@...

      Canadian Genealogical Projects Register
      http://www.afhs.ab.ca/registry/
    • Ines
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 24, 2002
        Hi Judii,
        I am in the process of updating our family tree, it's actually a book by
        now. I just ran accross an entry of a Anton Funk, born in Russia in 1826
        married to Katharina Rempel, born in Russia 1831. I know Rempel is probably
        a very common name but it never hurts to ask. That is all I know about
        those two. Sounds familiar? Their son, John Anton Funk, was born in Russia
        as well, died in California.
        Ines

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • Heather Jaremko
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 15, 2009

          How Google Picasa Face Recognition Software Can Help Genealogists

          From Kathi Reid's Ancestor Search Blog at http://ancestorsearch. blogspot.com/2009/08/how- google-picasa-face- recognition.html:

          "Google Picasa Web Albums has face recognition software that can help name the unknown people who are in your old family photos.

          "This free software even recognizes the same person at different ages."

          The article goes on to describe how the author uploaded a group of pictures to Picasa and then wrote:

          "It was a very impressive moment when Picasa...

          Read the rest of the story ยป

          Thought this an interesting article through Eastman's online genealogy newsletter.

          Heather