RE: Ancestery.com

  • Judi Lee
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2002
      Before you do that, you should know that the Calgary Family History Centre
      has a free subscription to all the Ancestry databases. Your only charge
      would be a $1.00/hr fee for internet access at the centre. It may be worth
      it for you to subscribe at home, particularly if you are doing US research.
      There are some useful British records as well. I'm not sure what the
      current subscription rate is, but I thought it was somewhere around $200 for
      all the databases. Perhaps you should come down to the FHC and try it out
      before you make a final decision.

      Judi Lee
      Director
      Calgary Family History Centre

    • Elaine & Wayne Butler
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2002
        Thanks to all who replied to my note. Very much appreciated.

        Elaine