Ancestery.com

  • Elaine & Wayne Butler
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2002
      I was thinking of subscribing to Ancestery.com, and was wondering what the
      benifits or pitfalls may be. If someone is a member and can advise me, I
      would greatly appreciate it.

      Thanks,
      Elaine
      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Judi Lee
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2002
        Before you do that, you should know that the Calgary Family History Centre
        has a free subscription to all the Ancestry databases. Your only charge
        would be a $1.00/hr fee for internet access at the centre. It may be worth
        it for you to subscribe at home, particularly if you are doing US research.
        There are some useful British records as well. I'm not sure what the
        current subscription rate is, but I thought it was somewhere around $200 for
        all the databases. Perhaps you should come down to the FHC and try it out
        before you make a final decision.

        Judi Lee
        Director
        Calgary Family History Centre

      • Elaine & Wayne Butler
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 8, 2002
          Thanks to all who replied to my note. Very much appreciated.

          Elaine