An upcoming program at Calgary Public Library

  • Christine Hayes
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2012

      Hi All,

      I hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday.  While this program is not directly genealogical, it does have to do with immigration to Canada so some of you may be interested.  Brian Brennan and Frances Hern will be at the Central Library on Thursday January 26 at noon talking about the immigrant experience.  Brian Brennan will be talking about his own experiences and his new memoir Leaving Dublin.  For those of you who have never heard Brian speak, you must come and hear him – he is a delight.  Frances Hern will be talking about the Chinese immigrant experience and her book Yip Sang and the First Chinese Canadians which traces three generations of the Yip family in Canada.  Both of these speakers are great, and this promises to be a very interesting hour.