Ontario Genealogical Society Conference June 1-3 in Kingston Ontario

  • Lorna Laughton
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2012

      Hi Everyone:

      As usual, OGS has a great lineup of workshops and sessions for their 2012 Conference in Kingston Ontario from June 1-3, 2012. The sessions are not just about Ontario – there are ones about England, Quebec, the West, technology etc. Have a look at their brochure at http://www.ogs.on.ca/conference2012/registration/conference-2012-brochure or their conference website at http://www.ogs.on.ca/conference2012/archives/2172.

      You will note that one of their stellar speakers is our own Lois Sparling!

      Even if you plan to go to the OGS Conference in June, please plan to attend the Alberta Genealogy Conference 2012 “Find Your Tree In the Forest” on April 13 and 14, 2012 in Red Deer. This great conference is co-sponsored and co-planned by Alberta Family Histories Society (Kay Clarke is chairing the committee) and Alberta Genealogy Society. The Red Deer Branch of AGS is hosting the conference. In the speaker lineup, you will see many ‘star’ AFHS members, including Jim Benedict, Wayne Shepheard, Joan Miller, Ronna Byam, Penny Allen, Peter Darby, and Lois Sparling. There is a link to the conference website from our AFHS website www.afhs.ab.ca or directly at http://rdgensoc.ab.ca/conferenceindex.html. I couldn’t get to the website this morning but I think that it is my browser, unless the site is being worked on. Also, see the colour insert in the latest copy of Chinook (Volume 32, Number 2, Winter, January 2012) which arrived recently.

      Happy New Year!

      Lorna

    • AFHS Webmaster
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 10, 2012

        Check out the AFHS blog for a recent post on the same (and a lovely photo of Lois). :)

        http://afhs.ab.ca/blog/

        Dawn Kirkpatrick, Webmaster

        Alberta Family Histories Society

        http://afhs.ab.ca/