Re: my plug for LAC and remembering my Dad

  • Joan Miller
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 10, 2011
      P.S.. to this.  The journalist found me on Twitter and followed me to my blog...social media DOES work to get the word out.

      Joan

      On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Joan Miller <luxegen@...> wrote:
      I've got my 15 seconds of fame and a plug in for LAC in an article written by Canadian Press Journalist Jennifer Ditchburn.

      http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/canada/breakingnews/rich-resources-available-for-finding-military-records-of-beloved-vets-133632348.html?viewAllComments=y

      Not the greatest picture of me but it is still a nice way to remember my father, a WW2 soldier on Remembrance Day.

      Various news agencies are picking up the article.

      Joan

      --
      Joan Miller
      Luxegen Genealogy

      ---
      Alberta Family Histories Society PR
      AFHS Blog
      | Twitter @AlbertaFHS |
      Facebook AlbertaFHS | Linkedin
      Email: publicity@...

      Innovation through Collaboration
      Rootstech Feb 2-4, 2012 Salt Lake City

      Genealogists for Families Kiva project

    • Gord Hulbert
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 10, 2011
        Hi there:

        Great pic, great article.

        Regards,
        Gord Hulbert
        Email: Gordon@...
        Home: (403) 240-4636
        Cell:    (403) 669-8384

        "I'm at that awkward age between desirability and complete senility."

        On 11/10/2011 3:44 PM, Joan Miller wrote: I've got my 15 seconds of fame and a plug in for LAC in an article written by Canadian Press Journalist Jennifer Ditchburn.

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 10, 2011

          It’s a great picture Joan and a moving story. Good plug for LAC for sure.

          Xenia