British Library Blog

  • Ann Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2011
      This looks interesting.

      Sent: Monday, October 17, 2011 7:52 AM
      Subject: FFHS-MEMBERS British Library Blog

      The following was received from the British Library today.

      Untold Lives: Sharing stories from the past

      The British Library has today launched a new blog, Untold Lives: Sharing stories from the past.

      http://britishlibrary.typepad.co.uk/untoldlives/.

      The British Library’s collections contain stories of people’s lives worldwide, from the dawn of history to the present day. They are told through the written word, images, audio-visual and digital materials. The Untold Lives blog shares those stories, providing fascinating and unusual insights into the past and bringing out from the shadows lives that have been overlooked or forgotten.

      We hope to inspire new research and encourage enjoyment, knowledge and understanding of the British Library and its collections. In addition to stories from the past, we give glimpses of the hidden life of the Library and provide information about events and exhibitions. The blog contains many links to act as signposts to research information and online resources that you can explore for work or pleasure.

      Many of you reading Untold Lives will know similar stories– we hope you will share them by commenting on our blog.

      Beryl Evans
      FFHS Archives Liaison Officer

      The Federation of Family History Societies is a Company Limited by Guarantee
      Company Number 2930189 (England & Wales) - Registered Charity Number 1038721
      Registered Office: Artillery House, 15 Byrom Street, Manchester, England M3 4PF