Remembering Olive Carlin on Saturday October 22

  • Lorna Laughton
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2011

      Hello Everyone:

      There will be a Memorial Gathering to remember our dear friend and AFHS member, Olive Carlin, on Saturday October 22, 2011 from 3:00 to 6:00 at the Unitarian Church, 1703 – 1st Street NW (16th Ave & 1st St NW).

      Helen and John Backhouse are assisting Ian Carlin to make the arrangements. The AFHS Library Committee has volunteered to provide the refreshments for this gathering. I know that many AFHS members will attend because Olive helped many of us in her role as a volunteer in the AFHS Library and also as a volunteer at the Calgary Family History Library (LDS) on 17th Avenue. Her expertise in researching Scottish records was very helpful to many. She was quiet but very witty.

      Ian Carlin will be putting a notice of the gathering in the newspaper. Some of you may receive this e-mail twice because I’m not sure who is on the dist-gen list, and I wanted to make sure that everyone is informed.

      Lorna Laughton

      President, Alberta Family Histories Society