Re: ANCESTRY FREE OFFER

  • Joan Miller
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2011
      Hi Bill,
      That isn't the case at all.  I just did a test and was able to access the records.  Today's offering is the 1920 US census.  You do need to give them a name and email address.

      Joan

      On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 4:32 PM, William Campbell <wacampbell@...> wrote:
      Hi Folks:

      One of our members was kind enough to send us this message the other day.

      Ancestry.com is offering free access from Oct 1 to 15th.  Looks like they are offering different collections on each day.   This is a good opportunity to poke around and see what you can find.

      HOWEVER, and typical of 'Ancestry'  there's a trick to their free offer.
      It's only valid in the USA.  Frustrated?

      What do they say?  There's no 'free' lunch!

      Cheers

      BILL
      --
      "People will not look forward to posterity who never look backward to their ancestors."   - Edmund Burke

      WILLIAM CAMPBELL
      CALGARY, Alberta, CANADA

      --
      Joan Miller
      Luxegen Genealogy

      --

      Aumack Y-DNA Project Administrator
      Aumack, Amak, Aumick, Aumock, Omick

      Innovation through Collaboration
      Rootstech Feb 2-4, 2012 Salt Lake City

    • Robert Boynton
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2011

        If you are from Canada, Ancestry encourages you to use Ancestry.ca