Re: HEATHER JAREMKO

  • Mertie Beatty
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 27, 2011
      Hi All:

      On August 1st I also worked at our AFHS table at Fort Calgary, and once
      again experienced the enthusiasm and dedication which was so typical of
      Heather Jaremko. So I was truly shocked to see her obituary in today's
      Calgary Herald. My condolences to Andrew and to her children and
      grandchildren.

      We have lost a tireless volunteer and very capable worker in Heather. She
      was dedicated to genealogy research. She worked on various AFHS Projects
      and Committees as well as serving on the Board. We will miss her indeed.

      Mertie Beatty

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 28, 2011
        I have put a little article up about Heather on the AFHS homepage.
        http://afhs.ab.ca/

        Heather had one AFHS email address coming to her: seminar@.... Could
        someone please contact me privately to let me know who this email should be
        going to now?

        Many thanks. Wish I had known Heather better - I did not have the pleasure
        of working directly with her but my impression of her was of a cheerful,
        hard-working individual. Undoubtedly, this is another tremendous blow to the
        Society.

        Dawn Kirkpatrick, Webmaster