HEATHER JAREMKO

  • William Campbell
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 27 8:05 PM
      Hello folks:

      Whether we have been close to the heart of the AFHS organization
      recently or not, to know Heather was to know a true and selfless
      volunteer with a infinite passion for genealogy. Those who were
      privileged to know her will never forget her warm enthusiasm and
      tireless work for our Society. We have suffered an enormous loss.
      It is a sad day.

      Most recently Heather was the link between our Public Relations
      Committee, always serving faithfully on our Board of Directors.
      Whenever there was a call for volunteers to staff our display at a
      community event we could count on Heather to be the 'first response'.
      She did far more than her share to honour her membership in this fine
      Society.
      It is a very sad day.

      On August first she served for the full day with our engagement at Fort
      Calgary's Heritage Day. She so enthusiastically helped children and
      families create their first family tree. We parted in the afternoon with
      Heather expressing concern for her husband Andrew, with never a mention
      of any personal health concerns, but anxious to be part of the next AFHS
      community outreach.
      It is indeed a very sad day.

      We will miss you Heather, you have been an inspiration to us all.
      Rest in peace.

      BILL CAMPBELL

      --
      "People will not look forward to posterity who never look backward to their ancestors." - Edmund Burke

      WILLIAM CAMPBELL
      CALGARY, Alberta, CANADA
    • Gord Hulbert
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 27 8:24 PM
        Amen.

        Regards,

        Gord Hulbert
        Email: Gordon@...
        Home: (403) 240-4636
        Cell:    (403) 669-8384

        "If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'."

        On 8/27/2011 9:05 PM, William Campbell wrote:
[...]

      • Mertie Beatty
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 27 8:53 PM
          Hi All:

          On August 1st I also worked at our AFHS table at Fort Calgary, and once
          again experienced the enthusiasm and dedication which was so typical of
          Heather Jaremko. So I was truly shocked to see her obituary in today's
          Calgary Herald. My condolences to Andrew and to her children and
          grandchildren.

          We have lost a tireless volunteer and very capable worker in Heather. She
          was dedicated to genealogy research. She worked on various AFHS Projects
          and Committees as well as serving on the Board. We will miss her indeed.

          Mertie Beatty

          > Whether we have been close to the heart of the AFHS organization recently
          > or not, to know Heather was to know a true and selfless volunteer with a
          > infinite passion for genealogy. Those who were privileged to know her will
          > never forget her warm enthusiasm and tireless work for our Society. We
          > have suffered an enormous loss.
          > It is a sad day.
          >
          > Most recently Heather was the link between our Public Relations Committee,
          > always serving faithfully on our Board of Directors.
          > Whenever there was a call for volunteers to staff our display at a
          > community event we could count on Heather to be the 'first response'. She
          > did far more than her share to honour her membership in this fine Society.
          > It is a very sad day.
          >
          > On August first she served for the full day with our engagement at Fort
          > Calgary's Heritage Day. She so enthusiastically helped children and
          > families create their first family tree. We parted in the afternoon with
          > Heather expressing concern for her husband Andrew, with never a mention of
          > any personal health concerns, but anxious to be part of the next AFHS
          > community outreach.
          > It is indeed a very sad day.
          >
          > We will miss you Heather, you have been an inspiration to us all.
          > Rest in peace.
          >
          > BILL CAMPBELL
          >

          > --
          > "People will not look forward to posterity who never look backward to
          > their ancestors." - Edmund Burke
          >
          > WILLIAM CAMPBELL
          > CALGARY, Alberta, CANADA

        • AFHS Webmaster
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 28 3:33 PM
            I have put a little article up about Heather on the AFHS homepage.
            http://afhs.ab.ca/

            Heather had one AFHS email address coming to her: seminar@.... Could
            someone please contact me privately to let me know who this email should be
            going to now?

            Many thanks. Wish I had known Heather better - I did not have the pleasure
            of working directly with her but my impression of her was of a cheerful,
            hard-working individual. Undoubtedly, this is another tremendous blow to the
            Society.

            Dawn Kirkpatrick, Webmaster