Heather Jaremko

  • Marion Peterson
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 27, 2011

      I am shocked as well. My most recent interaction with Heather was on the 30th Anniversary Celebration committee. She was always so willing to help! She will be missed. My condolences to her family.

      Marion

    • Mabel Kiessling
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 29, 2011
        I had the priviledge of working with Heather on Queries from September 2007 to March 2009 when I left to work with Newspaper
        Extractions. She looked after finding the obituaries while I looked after the rest of the queries. Everyweek, after picking up the
        mail from the Library, I would drive to her house in the "far east" of the city and deliver the letters for her records. At least
        once Andy got involved when we needed a photo of a monument in a cemetery. I transitioned with Heather and Andy as they moved their
        household (and all its problems) from the "far east" to the "far west" of the city. Heather and I also worked together carrying
        boxes up and down the stairs from the storage room to prepare the refreshments for AFHS meetings. Heather and Andy worked with me
        as she prepared a podcast. I was the representative for the Calgary Chapter of the American Historical Society of Germans from
        Russia. And I shared in her excitement as she gave her talk on podcasting in Medicine Hat at the 2010 Annual AGS Conference.

        I was shocked to learn of her death, and as a friend and colleague I will truly miss her. My condolences go out to Andy and all of
        Heather's family.

        Mabel Kiessling